Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 000 + ptsrs present "Rare Shades", Thursday 8/23 @ Canepa Motorsport Museum; free admission
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 17 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

On behalf of 000 and @ptsrs, I invite you to join us for Rare Shades on Thursday, 8/23 at the Canepa Motorsport Museum—a beautiful, hour-ish drive north from Monterey Car Week on one of its quieter days.

Registration for Porsches in PTS and unusual colors has now closed, parking in front of Canepa is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and complimentary coffee from Corsa Lusso will be served along with local pastries. If you haven't poked around the museum, well, it's well worth the trip all by itself. You can learn more at 000magazine.com/rare-shades

Hope to see some of you there!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

pete

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Aug 17 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Does surface rust count as a "Rare Shade"?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 17 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 17 2018, 03:52 PM) *

Does surface rust count as a "Rare Shade"?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ha, that and oxidation used to be the most popular 914 colors, but times are a changin' and they seem to be getting rarer now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Mainly, I love the idea of seeing at least a few teeners next Thursday. They have a way of keepin' things real, and it's always great to see the peeps from this board.

pete
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Aug 17 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

What is 0000 and ptrsrsr?
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Aug 17 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 17 2018, 04:32 PM) *

What is 0000 and ptrsrsr?

000 is a quarterly periodical on Porsche some friends, my wife, and I started in late 2016. Seemed like an interesting step after Excellence > Panorama. You can learn more about it at https://www.000magazine.com or check out a third party review at https://www.porscheroadandrace.com/000-magazine/

@ptsrs is an Instagram account run by a young enthusiast named Will Lee who is into Porsche colors, and focuses on PTS cars (but, through that, reviews historic colors as well). He's up to 93,000~ followers on what has been a hobby project to document Porsches delivered in unusual colors and color histories. You can find his page here https://www.instagram.com/ptsrs/

Rare Shades is an event idea created by Alex Palevsky, a friend and co-founder of 000 who thought it would be neat to create a Cars & Coffee on a different branch of Porsche from Luft, model-specific shows, concours, etc. And just feels right to invite folks from here, as 914s are where I started and, while the one that got me into Porsche isn't a "rare shade," it's still in the garage, 29 years later.

Hope to see you!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

pete
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 17 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Tempting, need to see how much time I have on the books at work since I just went back to work after 4 months off...not sure if I want to do a leave without pay for a car event...of course I do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Rich, I enjoy my copies of 000 , great articles and info not found in other magazines or online, best part is no 10 pages of Weather Tech ads!
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Aug 19 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #7

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'll be there!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:57 PM