Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914Rubber?, Are they still in business?
Mikey914
post Aug 18 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #21

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Thanks for the support guys.
We really do try to get it right, and most of our orders ship same day. In fact I got a complaint from a customer that made an order the next morning and wanted to combine but the order had shipped.

I’m still awaiting a PM please do reach out to me so I can see the status of your order and advise. We will refund your money immediately if you wish, just let us know.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dgraves
post Aug 18 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #22

1974 914 2.0

Member No.: 20,076
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I can't begin to count how much rubber, seals, and parts I've bought from 914Rubber. Have always been satisfied. Just placed an order yesterday. My car is in good shape because of them. You'll be happy with the quality.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Aug 18 2018, 10:47 PM
Post #23

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 18 2018, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 18 2018, 05:59 PM) *

Zach edited this post too.

In no way is this funny! There are too many FAKE NEWS events happening these day to consider this to be humor! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Wow the censorship on this site has gotten insane. You people need to lay off the fake news crack pipe. In fact just toss the TV, it's done wonders for my life and mental health and it can for you too. Plenty of healthy car shows to watch online. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

ps. I was laughing when I wrote it so, yep, it's funny to smart guys. It was all related to recent posts, you should have caught that.
+Quote Post
ctc911ctc
post Aug 19 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 18 2018, 07:08 PM) *

I know I'm probably gonna take some heat for griping about the Amazon Effect but it really makes me angry when before someone bothers to pick up a phone they go on a public forum and ask if someone is still in business. What happens if someone is looking for parts and stumbles across a thread like this? It's really damaging to a business this guy has probably worked many a 60 hour week to keep it afloat.
If you don't like to wait on parts and don't want a car that might break down, go buy a new Hyundai! But if you're gonna drive a 40 year old Porsche relax a little.

Though I understand the sentiment, I entered the order twice over 3 weeks. Then sent a note via their email/contact page. Obviously, they are having web challenges - or a bi-annual IFR checkride is looming.

Online commerce is in it's twentieth (+) year. If you sell using TCP/IP, the expectations are high.

However, I concede that I was a bit too fast to the keyboard where I could have just picked up the phone. And judging from Mark's response and all of his loyal fans ( and this new fan) even bad publicity can be turned to good exposure.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Aug 19 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

Simply the BEST in keeping our old buckets in the pink ! They even overhauled our 44 year old steering rack and shipped back to us in 10 days... Great personal customer service as well ¡¡Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 19 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #26

The rubber man

So we have no order on either site, no abandon shopping cart on the new one. So there is some disconnect. We havea PM from the customer.
Please, I something is not what it should be pkease do let us know.

Will see what happened here so we can avoid having anyone else have the same experience.
Mark
+Quote Post
carking1996
post Aug 19 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 20,399
Region Association: North East States

Can vouch for Mark. They at 914Rubber always do great. I order from them a few times a month lately and I am always satisfied with the products
+Quote Post
Chip
post Aug 19 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 20,986
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE( @ Aug 18 2018, 06:34 PM) *

I am continually amazed how every year, Mark and his crew continue to bring dozens of products to market, at really great prices, all for us and our cars. They also show up at our events, with gifts and prizes. Good guys!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 20 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #29

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Keep the 3 hour time dif in mind when you call.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 21 2018, 11:52 PM
Post #30

The rubber man

Follow up -
Spoke with poster. We think that the browser he was using - Opera, might not have played nice in the check out process, so the order was never completed. Had not seen this before, but still I get the frustration of feeling ignored. The poster was a good guy, just waited on a order that was never entered. we are working on an order confirmation being sent on the new site which is close to being ready.

Please it's not a bother to drop us a call if you think something isn't right, or if you just want to make sure you got it in. All the Fedex packages we add your email so when it ships you have tracking. The reg mail is where it will not notify of shipping.....yet.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Aug 22 2018, 08:14 AM
Post #31

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Follow up -
Spoke with poster. We think that the browser he was using - Opera, might not have played nice in the check out process, so the order was never completed. Had not seen this before, but still I get the frustration of feeling ignored. The poster was a good guy, just waited on a order that was never entered. we are working on an order confirmation being sent on the new site which is close to being ready.

Please it's not a bother to drop us a call if you think something isn't right, or if you just want to make sure you got it in. All the Fedex packages we add your email so when it ships you have tracking. The reg mail is where it will not notify of shipping.....yet.

Hey Mark, On my last order a couple weeks ago, I swore I had completed my order using Firefox but after a few days of not receiving a shipping notice, I started digging. I couldn't find an order confirmation either from you or Paypal so I assumed I must have gotten distracted and not clicked a final confirmation or something. I still think that is probably what happened but thought I'd mention it now that this has come up. Anyway, I got the order submitted and had my stuff in less than a week. Bottom line, if an order confirmation doesn't appear in you mailbox, the order probably didn't get submitted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Aug 22 2018, 08:33 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The last time I ordered something it came in less than two days with a nice note from Scott on the paperwork. Keep up the good work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 22 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #33

The rubber man

QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 22 2018, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Follow up -

Hey Mark, On my last order a couple weeks ago, I swore I had completed my order using Firefox but after a few days of not receiving a shipping notice, I started digging. I couldn't find an order confirmation either from you or Paypal so I assumed I must have gotten distracted and not clicked a final confirmation or something. I still think that is probably what happened but thought I'd mention it now that this has come up. Anyway, I got the order submitted and had my stuff in less than a week. Bottom line, if an order confirmation doesn't appear in you mailbox, the order probably didn't get submitted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Yes an order acknowledgement is needed. The new site will do this.
It is live, but not everything listed yet.
Thanks again
Mark
+Quote Post
aggiezig
post Aug 22 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #34

Porsche Wannabe

Member No.: 19,557
Region Association: Southern California

Another kudos for 914rubber, not that they're shy of good reviews.

Placed an order yesterday for a bunch of seals and misc parts. Received a shipping notice four hours later. You can't beat em.

Keep up the good work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
spookyjones
post Aug 23 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 22,309
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Aug 18 2018, 12:42 PM) *

Hi,

I placed 2 online orders with this company - have not received anything from them (Email, etc) as to my orders.

It has been a few weeks - time to call the CC company?

Any intel out there?

Oh, yes I have sent them emails - have NOT called - next step....

CTC

Yes they are still in business, picked up a 19mm master cylinder last week...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:10 AM