Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 upgraded brake master - trouble, Front brakes circuit not producing fluid
Downerman
post Aug 18 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,296
Region Association: None

Purchased new unit and still under warranty but I'm really confused as to why and thought maybe some of you might have had this happen. The rear circuit is fine but I went to bleed the fronts and no fluid at the calipers. No fluid at the master (Front line ...like I said the rear has fluid and is fine). Pulled the pressure sensor and no fluid their either. Adjusted the plunger rod in both directions with tons of foot pumping in-between and nothing. I actually removed the front brake line and sensor looking for the big spill of fluid again, adjusting the rod in both directions. NADA.... nothing. I did however get a small clue. When I did remove the sensor and the front line I would get air bubbles into one of the clear lines running up to the fluid reservoir. Put back the sensor plug and front line and tightened. No air but again, as dry as a bone (at the front thread inlet and the sensor plug inlet). I then used an allen wrench to unscrew the plug on the front of the master cylinder. Removed the spring and round metal cap. Nothing foreign (matter that is).

I'M tapped..... thinking I got a bad master. Any thoughts?

Dave\\
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 18 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

You should bleed the system via gravity prior to pumping. Did you get flow and it suddenly stopped? It is possible to damage an internal seal with full deflection and no fluid.

If it's one of mine I'm happy to exchange but you will want to review this 1st. It sounds like the internal seal may be damaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOSer774NqM

You can see what I'm talking about at about the 2 min mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:18 AM