Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hello and Fuel Pump
derelict74
post Jun 14 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,275

Howdy folks, new to the 914 world here, ( not to VW's had lots back in the day...)just aquired a 74 2.0 that was allegedly the restoration project of the laziest man alive for the whopping price of " I don't want to deal with it" ...ie zero.

now to the tricky part, it's been sitting for many moons, and the sum total of his restoration was to take random things apart , and make my life more difficult. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/spank.gif)

So right now I'm trying to get it started , as I'm moving in two weeks, and it would make my life much easier if I could actually drive the thing the 30 miles to the new place ( I'm probably dreaming, but it's worth a shot)

anyways on to the fuel pump. I can get the pump to run, but when connected to gas, it just fills up with gas, and stops.

gas appears to be getting in through a small hole ( 1/8 or so ) through into the motor from the pump chamber.

Is there supposed to be something in there that's fallen out? cuz as it sits, I don't see how it could possibly NOT just fill up the pump with gas...

if I can't get this thing to work reliably, I'll get a generic pump ala one of the ones listed in this thread... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=32241&hl=

So, any bright ideas out there?

cheers,
ryan

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:36 PM