Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ivory white 2.0 wanted
bulliporker
post Mar 14 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,040
Region Association: None

914 teener whereabouts was your car advertised what was the asking price not looking for a car what has had a colour change
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Mar 15 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

My car was resprayed. I've never in my 15 years of owning a 914 ever seen....even in California an Ivory white that was the original paint. Mine had only been resprayed once.
I have seen several that have been repainted L80 and done well with black accents including the sail trim is beautiful IMHO. When the& (Porsche) did the BIW I could see why they would think it would look good.

My car was a 1.7 and original with exception to the paint and rims. 14K was the ask.

It was on here this board for a month you were one that replied to the post. I posted it to AT and it sold within a week.

Good luck...just think its a unicorn to find anymore a good orginal car. They are getting hard to find even in Cali.
+Quote Post
914z
post Mar 27 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,737

QUOTE(bulliporker @ Mar 14 2019, 06:33 PM) *

914 teener whereabouts was your car advertised what was the asking price not looking for a car what has had a colour change

found this on our 914 world 3rd ad down
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-f...14/2187005.html
+Quote Post
bulliporker
post Mar 28 2019, 05:27 AM
Post #24

thanks 914z for the link , but this car had a lot of welding done to floors and sold on bat a couple of months ago
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 28 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(bulliporker @ Mar 28 2019, 07:27 AM) *

thanks 914z for the link , but this car had a lot of welding done to floors and sold on bat a couple of months ago

Just a suggestion....I understand your desire for that perfect car. With that said, as several on here have mentioned, finding the 73/74 2.0, in ivory, in original and superb condition....just might be an impossibility at this point. If you were looking for ANY original survivor in ANY or a LIMITED number of colors....you will likely find. But at this point holding out for only Ivory in that specification....just might be a bridge to far.

Meanwhile you are depriving yourself of the amazing experience of 914 ownership. Would you consider finding that same rare car in another color BUT then continuing to look for the elusive Ivory car? If bought "right" I highly doubt you would lose money on that car if the elusive unicorn car does appear. In fact, perhaps you will actually have made money WHILE you enjoy the car and look for that perfect Ivory car for you. Win/Win. Life is short.

Just a thought.
+Quote Post
bulliporker
post Mar 29 2019, 05:58 AM
Post #26

I am open to other colours but ivory is my first choice , I missed a good car of brad mayer only a few months ago , I have turned down a few good cars but they were all 1700cc not 2,000 cc I recently found a exceptional car in sepia brown original paint but many people told me if its not really what you really want, hang out for the car of your choice or you will never be satisfied , yes I am missing out on 914 ownership but I have other cars I can drive , and I don't want to regret buying the wrong car not really in a financial position to buy a car and sell on if a good ivory car did turn up as in the real world things don't often sell as quick as we would like and then I would miss out on a good white car I now wished I had bought the silver car what was advertised on here recently
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 29 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(bulliporker @ Mar 29 2019, 07:58 AM) *

I am open to other colours but ivory is my first choice , I missed a good car of brad mayer only a few months ago , I have turned down a few good cars but they were all 1700cc not 2,000 cc I recently found a exceptional car in sepia brown original paint but many people told me if its not really what you really want, hang out for the car of your choice or you will never be satisfied , yes I am missing out on 914 ownership but I have other cars I can drive , and I don't want to regret buying the wrong car not really in a financial position to buy a car and sell on if a good ivory car did turn up as in the real world things don't often sell as quick as we would like and then I would miss out on a good white car I now wished I had bought the silver car what was advertised on here recently

Understand your comments. Speaking from personal experience, I would suggest you put condition as your #1 criteria with a '73/'74 2.0 as a very close #2 criteria. Find the absolute best survivor that you can find for the money you have available to spend. Make color secondary. I think you will find that condition and it being a 2.0 car will affect financial appreciation and your personal enjoyment far more than color EVER will.

I would never have selected red as my color of choice for my 914. BUT when my Bahia Red came along and was in such unbelievably original condition, I made the decision to snap it up. I have never looked back and it will take a lot to pry it out of my hands. I've never had someone tell me that they love my survivor but it's too bad it's not a better color. They are too focused trying to understand how it can actually be so original and congratulating me on my good fortune to have found such a pristine example. Not to mention that I've doubled my investment in 4.5 years of ownership.

Yes once in a rare moment I think about whether I could find an equally pristine survivor in that perfect color but you'll never see my selling the one I have in hopes of actually finding one.

Oh....and I think you'd be surprised just how quickly someone will buy that non-ivory car from you if you ever did try to sell it. Original cars will always be a hot item.

Maybe just try posting that you're looking for a pristine survivor. See what happens?

Good luck....

+Quote Post
bulliporker
post Apr 28 2019, 10:01 AM
Post #28

still looking]
+Quote Post
bulliporker
post Jul 1 2019, 06:53 AM
Post #29

up
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jul 1 2019, 07:31 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

Here's one on The Samba. Original Ivory White with one repaint. Clearly it does NOT check all your boxes, but might be worth a call. Looks like a very nice car IMHO.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2291527

Hope the link works.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jul 1 2019, 09:51 AM
Post #31

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Jul 1 2019, 06:31 AM) *

Here's one on The Samba. Original Ivory White with one repaint. Clearly it does NOT check all your boxes, but might be worth a call. Looks like a very nice car IMHO.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2291527

Hope the link works.

Mine had one respray same color. I.ve never seen an orginal Ivory white. I.ve seen resprayed but not original.

He wants original.
+Quote Post
bulliporker
post Jul 2 2019, 03:20 AM
Post #32

thanks for the link guys but not looking for a car with aircon as would never need it here ij the uk
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:14 PM