Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1970 914-6 needs restoration
mepstein
post Oct 5 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #21

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 5 2018, 04:55 PM) *

I think that it is lacking steel

Used to be a great 914 color, and someone should certainly restore it, but the time and money would put one over 100 k in this car to do it correctly

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 9 2018, 09:11 AM) *

I think it’s a steal at $20K.

But it would be done correctly and not all the high dollar cars out there are done right. Lots of tomfoolery under the paint. Also, for a lot of guys, it’s easier to buy a 20k car and put money in over time than to buy an 80k car all at once.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pennyanguy
post Oct 23 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 19,921
Region Association: North East States

Well, glad to say the car has sold...for I think a fair price ....above what I started the offering at...just to give you all an idea what the market is right now.

it has sold to a 914 world member in CA...any more info will be his right to divulge...I sincerely hope he does too it what he stated, and wish him the best of luck in doing it...I think he will be pleasantly surprised when he gets it...it is , I believe , in better condition then the photos showed... as solid as it was 30 years ago and if running I would drive it today just as I did when I was a crazy teen! That car won an awful lot of street races down the winding roads of Oyster Bay, Syosset and Huntington NY in my High school years. Not much in the day could keep up, and even fewer could hold a tight line like she could! She holds great memories. Hopefully now it will live to make memories for someone new. I am sad and happy at the same time... fair well my friend!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Oct 24 2018, 08:12 AM
Post #23

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

Not me but...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 24 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #24

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Oct 24 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 24 2018, 03:12 PM) *

So who has bought her? & needs to head in McMark or Kents direction

Roll up, roll up folks. Place your bets....
+Quote Post
sb914
post Oct 24 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #26

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(SixerJ @ Oct 24 2018, 10:45 AM) *

I know who! But I'm not telling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Oct 24 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #27

Garage Life

QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 24 2018, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SixerJ @ Oct 24 2018, 10:45 AM) *

I know who! But I'm not telling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Now..tell us.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yappin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yappin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif)
+Quote Post
post Oct 24 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 17,275

QUOTE(Pennyanguy @ Oct 23 2018, 07:27 PM) *

Well, glad to say the car has sold...for I think a fair price ....above what I started the offering at...just to give you all an idea what the market is right now.

it has sold to a 914 world member in CA...any more info will be his right to divulge...I sincerely hope he does too it what he stated, and wish him the best of luck in doing it...I think he will be pleasantly surprised when he gets it...it is , I believe , in better condition then the photos showed... as solid as it was 30 years ago and if running I would drive it today just as I did when I was a crazy teen! That car won an awful lot of street races down the winding roads of Oyster Bay, Syosset and Huntington NY in my High school years. Not much in the day could keep up, and even fewer could hold a tight line like she could! She holds great memories. Hopefully now it will live to make memories for someone new. I am sad and happy at the same time... fair well my friend!

Thank you Tom, I look forward to the day I finish the restoration and you can fly out and drive it once again. I do see that it is in very good condition as you stated with a few bad areas that I will fix, no problem. All the VIN tags are there and it is the numbers matching engine and most if not all the original six parts are there.

So yes it was me that bought the car. It was loaded on the transporter today and should be at my shop in 10 days or so. I can't wait to see it.
I'll run a thread on the restoration once I dig into it.

Thanks again Tom,
Kent S.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Oct 25 2018, 03:56 AM
Post #29

Garage Life

Congratulations Kent. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

No doubt you're the perfect person to take on this resurrection project. And you get to keep this beauty when finished. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

From seeing your restoration work firsthand, I expect nothing less than another show stopper.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Oscar

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 25 2018, 06:36 AM
Post #30

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Congratulations! This is going to be epic. Kent is going to have a perfect Adriatic Blue (one of my favorite colors) 914-6 that is numbers matching. Very cool and exciting. Can't wait to see this Six in person. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post Oct 25 2018, 06:52 AM
Post #31

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Definitely in the right hands! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:23 AM