Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clean slate...now what?
John90290
post Sep 13 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,937
Region Association: None

Removed the rust acid washed and use the POR15 on the floor pan. Cut out patched welded and use the POR15 in the hell hole. Figuring out what to do next? Do I put the old heat/sound insulation stuff back on and put contact cement on my beautiful paint job in the engine bay and back of seat? I have the old ones I pulled off. Using the 1975 technology for sound and hear versus new self stick items that Protect against both as well. New stuf Has to be better or at least the same? Also how bout I leave the engine insulation out all together and just use thick stuff behind seat. The old stuff , behind seat and engine bay my gether must weigh 60 pounds. Don’t really want to put the tar stuff back on the floor pan either as it took me a week to remove and seemed to trap water underneath.

I want this car to look and stay as oem as possible but it’s not going to Amelia island or pebble beach.

Thanks for all the input!

John Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
bbrock
post Sep 14 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I need to make the same decision on my bare metal resto. I'm going to put either Noico or B-Quiet brand foil-faced butyl on the floor. My only beef is that I hate the look of all that foil even though it will be covered with carpet. I have samples of B-Quiet that I'm going to experiment with painting to match the original factory look. An alternative would be Evercoat's sound deadener which pretty much replicates the factory stuff only butyl, but not quite as effective as sound deadener.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 AM