Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 trunk lock...how does it go together ?
John90290
post Sep 18 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,937
Region Association: None

Converting from servo to regular key lock on the rear trunk and have the lock with cam as pictured in parts diagram and the part that receives the pin from the trunk lid. Can’t figure out where the cam sits when it’s all put together? CNt find a picture or a diagram that’s shows the pieces together.

Any help would be appreciated.

-John

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 19 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Hate to say this, but it's easier to see when you have all the pieces. The lock is held in with a "sleeve" and the you can see the contact points on the release side to make sure the cam is where it needs to be. When you try to fit it, it will be pretty obvious. Not much in the way of diagrams. There is some adjustment in the pin section you may need to play with, but I suspect it may not need that once assembled.
+Quote Post
John90290
post Sep 21 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,937

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 19 2018, 10:55 PM) *

Hate to say this, but it's easier to see when you have all the pieces. The lock is held in with a "sleeve" and the you can see the contact points on the release side to make sure the cam is where it needs to be. When you try to fit it, it will be pretty obvious. Not much in the way of diagrams. There is some adjustment in the pin section you may need to play with, but I suspect it may not need that once assembled.

Thanks for the help!! Turns out the lock spring which makes the lock pop out was wedged so I took apart, cleaned and reassembled after I re keyed to match my door key. It’s all good now. All I have to do now is weld up the six holes drilled into my poor car by the person who installed the reflective Porsche trip piece.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:24 AM