Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 73 2.0 Hesitates when cold..
schmidder
post Oct 1 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,045
Region Association: Northern California

Not a fuel injection expert at all. I have done some research and have read quite a bit, have a specific issue I am having, wondering if folks would point me in the right direction as to what might be the issue with the following symptoms:

1973 Fuel Injected 2.0
Car runs great once the motor is warm
At start up, will hunt for idle, but not always. If it hunts, goes up to 1300 and down to 200. ( live in Nor Cal, so cold means 50 to 75F)
If I don't let the car idle and warm for 5+ minutes, even on a 90F day, when I go to drive, it hesitates badly between 2-3000 RPM and sometimes will just die
Will start back up just fine and once warm, issue goes away
Car will also hesitate if I am in cruising at 3k rpm, take my foot off and then back on, this will happen warm or cold.
Gas mileage is good, otherwise car runs terrific, good power.

I don't mind letting the car warm up and am not looking to just jump in a take off and hammer, just wondering if this is a common issue.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Erik
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:21 AM