Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rev Limiting Rotor, /4 motors
PlaysWithCars
post Oct 8 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,323
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My 1974 2.0 had a 5800 limiter in it. Handy at the Autocross for those stretches that the gears aren’t quite tall enough to reach. Just bounce the rev limiter a couple of times then dive into the corner.

I’ve been using these on various cars for more than 20 years and never had a problem until last week. The car was running fine but I picked up a tach bounce at cruise so I assumed it must be time for a tune up. Pulled the cap and found out that the part of the rotor that contained the rev limiter cracked and let the bits from the limiter escape into the distributor. The ground strap scrapped a bunch of material off of the inside of the cap and sent powder all over the inside of the distributor. No harm done. Just had to pull the distributor, clean it out and put a new rotor in there.
Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 03:22 AM