Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vinyl delete option?
Racer
post Oct 15 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 14 2018, 09:30 AM) *

I thought the 70-72 base model non-appearance group /4's had body color bumpers and body color trim around the targa bar.
And then '73 base non-appearance group had black bumpers and black trim around the targa bar.
And then from '74 on everyone got chrome targa bar trim (except LE's), but non-AG still had black bumpers.
Windshield and side window trim was chrome for all.

At least that's my understanding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This.. Base early cars had body colored trim.. 6's in the US had chrome.. later base cars had black trim.. Appearance group would have had chrome trim and sail vinyl.

This '76 is a 42 year old car with no known history.. No doubt modded over its life to fit the style of its owner(s).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Oct 15 2018, 07:32 AM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Racer @ Oct 15 2018, 06:13 AM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 14 2018, 09:30 AM) *

I thought the 70-72 base model non-appearance group /4's had body color bumpers and body color trim around the targa bar.
And then '73 base non-appearance group had black bumpers and black trim around the targa bar.
And then from '74 on everyone got chrome targa bar trim (except LE's), but non-AG still had black bumpers.
Windshield and side window trim was chrome for all.

At least that's my understanding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This.. Base early cars had body colored trim.. 6's in the US had chrome.. later base cars had black trim.. Appearance group would have had chrome trim and sail vinyl.

This '76 is a 42 year old car with no known history.. No doubt modded over its life to fit the style of its owner(s).

I would like to know more about these late non-appearance group cars with black trim. I have a '73 with performance group but not appearance group and came to me with bright anodized trim (which I painted black as mentioned earlier). Although I've owned the car since 1984, I'm 3rd owner so it would be possible that the vinyl was removed at some point. However, I recently replaced the original sail panels and confirmed they were never drilled for the lower trim piece. COA doesn't list either Appearnce group or Performance group although it clearly had the latter as there is a factory sway bar installed (along with console and gauges).

The parts catalog lists either bright anodized or primered targa trim for all models of 914/4 and only anodized for 914/6. I'd love to learn that black trim was available for late non-appearance group cars because I like the look on my silver metallic better than bright trim. Looks like only bright anodized was ever available for windshield and side windows.
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Oct 29 2018, 08:04 AM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 15 2018, 06:32 AM) *

I would like to know more about these late non-appearance group cars with black trim. I have a '73 with performance group but not appearance group and came to me with bright anodized trim (which I painted black as mentioned earlier). Although I've owned the car since 1984, I'm 3rd owner so it would be possible that the vinyl was removed at some point. However, I recently replaced the original sail panels and confirmed they were never drilled for the lower trim piece. COA doesn't list either Appearnce group or Performance group although it clearly had the latter as there is a factory sway bar installed (along with console and gauges).

The parts catalog lists either bright anodized or primered targa trim for all models of 914/4 and only anodized for 914/6. I'd love to learn that black trim was available for late non-appearance group cars because I like the look on my silver metallic better than bright trim. Looks like only bright anodized was ever available for windshield and side windows.

You are describing a 1973 Sport Group car, according to Jeff Bowlsby's page on 914 model numbers. Look for the 473744 and 473764 models:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/ModelNumbers.htm

Attached Image

+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Oct 30 2018, 12:29 PM
Post #24

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 30 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #25

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Interesting placement on the 'high water mark' side stripes.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Nov 24 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

dp
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Nov 24 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 30 2018, 01:29 PM) *

Remove the Porsche graphic and the Pedrinis and add early steel wheels and dog
dish hubcaps and you have a perfect no-option '70-'71
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:18 AM