Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: Seeking windshield frame to t-top seal, topic change - seeking windshield frame seal
Mwood
post Oct 8 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,509
Region Association: Northern California

NOW SEEKING WINDSHIELD-TOP TRIM/SEAL. DOESNT HAVE TO BE PRETTY. THE LARGER SEAL BTW WINDSHIELD FRAME AND T-TOP. LAST PIECE OF THE PUZZLE
SEE FINAL POST FOR DETAILS

- original post -

hello all, Im Mitch. occasional poster here and subaru swap attempter.

PO of my 72 914 cut and bent the windshield frame 10 degrees backwards where the A-pillars meet the cowl. I am planning to cut along whats left of his welds and use a T-top and a windshield to realign the A pillars to factory angle, then patch and bodywork the joints.

to do this I need a windshield. I am in the SF bay area and looking for a sweet deal as I am thinking of doing a lexan windshield in the future and am not interested in spending a bunch of money on pretty 914 glass.

If you have a cracked windshield that will hold its form for test fitting I will take it off your hands. If you have a good condition windshield that you feel like giving me a great deal on then thats also great.

let me know if anyone has any leads that are local to the SF bay area. very very sad that EASY closed, I didn't find out until recently..

many thanks
Mitch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
larryM
post Oct 8 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #2

emoze

Member No.: 65

i removed the WS from my six 2 weeks ago - it is in good shape except for a repairable rock chip in front of the passenger - too good to throw away - Clean, has no glue residue on it

$50 at my gate - zipcode 95635 - - maybe not not "local" enough

PM if interested

914-6 & 914 Parts FS -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb4ysrzfuoi95a8/1...202018.pdf?dl=0

QUOTE(Mwood @ Oct 8 2018, 01:51 PM) *

. I am planning to cut along whats left of his welds and use a T-top and a windshield to realign the A pillars to factory angle, then patch and bodywork the joints.

to do this I need a windshield. I am in the SF bay area
Mitch

+Quote Post
Localboy808
post Oct 8 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,194
Region Association: None

I have one that would work for you. Only problem is im near So Cal. Its free if you are ever down this way.
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Oct 9 2018, 10:37 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 8 2018, 04:27 PM) *

i removed the WS from my six 2 weeks ago - it is in good shape except for a repairable rock chip in front of the passenger - too good to throw away - Clean, has no glue residue on it - picture below before it was removed

i'm near Auburn, 20 mi off I-80 on hwy 49 - maybe not not "local" enough

$50 at my gate - zipcode 95635

PM if interested

914-6 & 914 Parts FS -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb4ysrzfuoi95a8/1...202018.pdf?dl=0

QUOTE(Mwood @ Oct 8 2018, 01:51 PM) *

. I am planning to cut along whats left of his welds and use a T-top and a windshield to realign the A pillars to factory angle, then patch and bodywork the joints.

to do this I need a windshield. I am in the SF bay area
Mitch

Thanks Larry. I wish i could make it out there. The gas would quadruple the price of the part. Maybe ill be out there on a road trip this winter.
For now, looking for something a little more local to the bay area.

Thanks in advance
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Oct 14 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #5

Giving this a last bump before i abandon ship
+Quote Post
wes
post Oct 15 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #6

wes

Member No.: 8,436

QUOTE(Mwood @ Oct 14 2018, 12:13 PM) *

Giving this a last bump before i abandon ship

I have a decent one I would call a driver that I was going to use although after the paint and chrome went ahead and bought a new one. I’m in Ukiah about 51 miles north just off Hwy 101 $50.
+Quote Post
markhoward
post Oct 15 2018, 12:18 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 20,897

I have a broken one still installed as well as its replacement. Not planning to swap out anytime soon as the car is a non runner waiting for me to get the project moving along. You can have it but it will probably be next spring when when it comes out. Just throwing it out there in case you are not in a hurry.
+Quote Post
larryM
post Oct 17 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #8

emoze

assume you already did this but here's my extra .02

1. put a WTB on your local Craigslist - there are still junker 914s sitting in backyards & fields - i knew a guy near Morgan Hill who had a couple dozen in his family's orchard

2. search the local Pick-n-Pull et al inventory - if ya find a car with glass, the are always fellas hanging around outside the gate who will remove any part for you for a fee

3. buy a new one - there was still one in SJC warehouse a few weeks ago - (i bo't it's mate for $185 delivered to Sacramento) - treat it gently and you can re-sell it 2 yrs from now for what it costs you

+Quote Post
Mwood
post Oct 18 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 16 2018, 11:24 PM) *

assume you already did this but here's my extra .02

1. put a WTB on your local Craigslist - there are still junker 914s sitting in backyards & fields - i knew a guy near Morgan Hill who had a couple dozen in his family's orchard

2. search the local Pick-n-Pull et al inventory - if ya find a car with glass, the are always fellas hanging around outside the gate who will remove any part for you for a fee

3. buy a new one - there was still one in SJC warehouse a few weeks ago - (i bo't it's mate for $185 delivered to Sacramento) - treat it gently and you can re-sell it 2 yrs from now for what it costs you

Sent you a pm, Larry. Im around sat now as well, plans fell thru.
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Oct 31 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #10

With Larry's old windshield (thanks Larry) , we moved the windshield frame in extremely ghetto fashion. I just yanked it until both t-top rubber bushings were lightly pressing against the front of the B-frame as I dont have any rear latches.
the windshield has no seal so I have no idea how much more space that takes up.. I do know that the front latches do not grab the hooks on the windshield frame, which tells me that I need the seal..

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/preview.ibb.co-15509-1541018214.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/preview.ibb.co-15509-1541018215.2.jpg)

so:

Now Im looking for rear latches and windshield seal (where it mates to top)

Seeking both rear latch mechanisms and housings to bolt to the rear window frame..

here is a great picture of the seal. Im sure you can buy them new, if anyone has a good used one I would rather pay less.. its an autocross car.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WAGKXqJUj4M/VP6E...TopGasket01.jpg

Im going to rename the thread as opposed to starting a new one.

My other request: Does anyone happen to know the exact angle of their a-pillar as it relates the the quarter window? not making a separate thread for this.. waste of space.
I would like to avoid buying a set of quarter windows and trim, but would love to weld this back up in a configuration that would allow a future owner to use them..

having the exact measurement from the top of the inner A-pillar to the top of the inner B pillar also works.. I seem to remember it being around 23.5" after we got done bending my car.

Any info on quarter window/A-pillar exact angle would be great.
I absentmindedly measured the ones on Larry's GT with a magnetic angle finder and without leveling the car that measurement is useless..

Thanks
Mitch
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Oct 31 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #11

Dominic

Member No.: 149

Mitch,
I have these two rear targa latches in excellent shape that I can sell.
I'll PM you with the details.
Thanks,
Dominic

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Nov 5 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #12

I bought a set of latches from Dominic.

I am still looking for the windshield frame-targa top seal, the large upper one. I would like to avoid paying $300 for a reman, it doesnt have to be pretty and I dont need the side sections that are attached to it.

Bump.

Mitch
+Quote Post
larryM
post Nov 5 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #13

emoze

i have to look - i replaced mine with a new oem german seal about 3 yrs ago to make my car more "concours" - i kept the old oem 1970 seal

are you looking for 914-563-039-10 ?
https://www.stoddard.com/914/body-seals.html

pm sent
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 AM