Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> rear calipers for 1971 1.7, need them in a hurry
milwlandrover
post Oct 10 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,592
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey guys, I took my car to a local shop for a brake job. I got all the parts from PMB and I am extremely happy with everything I ordered and received. He said the calipers were "probably good." The shop just called and said the front brakes were difficult but were done perfectly in the end. The rears, not so much. The rear calipers are bad. Now I need calipers FAST as it is taking up a stall at the shop. PMB is closed but from what I can tell they want your old calibers and they will rebuild them but there is a 10 day to week turnaround. Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mepstein
post Oct 10 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

PMB usually has stock units ready to go. You get the core charge back when you return yours. They ship priority but you are still probably looking at next week. Make sure to remove your inner adjusters on the rears since they are not included with the new calipers.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:12 PM