Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Ventura, CA 914 Complete Part Out?
Francesco
post Oct 11 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,864
Region Association: Southern California

Hello,
I'm trying to sell my 914, but having no luck yet. I figured, maybe I'll part it out? Or at least see what kind of interest I'll get, here are a few parts with prices, I am open to offers if they seem high, but let me know! If I get enough interest, I will start parting. Nothing includes shipping. Everything was new before installing and has never been driven on. All prices are based on eBay, let me know.

seats in good shape, have bolster tears but with new center cushions (400$)
basically new Bilstein HD shocks with ground control coilover adapters (1000$)
Weltmeister 22mm swaybar (300$)
BRAND NEW fuel pump from Auto Atlanta (400$)
Full poly-graphite bushings for the ENTIRE car, with plated trailing arms and front control arms with swaybar tabs, with stainless pivot shafts. new front bearings and ball joints, rear bearings shot. (1100$)
Rebuilt rack and pinion with a turbo tie rod kit, as well as a bumpsteer kit and all bushings(500$)
frame stiffening kit (inner longs, and rear 914 gt kit) back sides have been weld thru primered, will throw in a couple cans too($325)
gas tank was professionally rebuilt, stripped, sealed inside, and painted gloss black, with a new sending unit(600$)
tailshift trans with linkage and crossmember (300$)
New sway-away front torsion bars, 21mm (225$)
authentic momo c35 leather wheel and adapter (300$)
New german carpet kit from 914 rubber (250$)
New stainless braided brake lines - DOT approved (75$)
New stainless tunnel lines with new rubber lines throughout (150$)
New DOT approved LED 6" headlights (300$)
Centerline ultra lite 15x7 wheels with brand new Falken Azenis 205/50R15 Tires and fresh powder coat(1000$)
throttle body with all sensors and vacuum lines (100$)
distributors, one new from aircooled.net(75$), one used for EFI (50$)
Stock suspension, rear shocks, torsion bars (75$)
Headlight motors - both work great (50$/ea)

Body Panels are all straight and rust free, and for sale as well, including the shell. Most likely won't ship these.
914 front Hood (125$)
914 rear Hood (125$)
Engine Lid with Torsion Bars (125$)
Doors - Handles broken or don't work, glass is good, mechanism all works. (125$/ea)
Definitely other odds and ends such as wiring harnesses, etc. Gauges all work, column works with turn signals, etc.

914 Shell - No idea. Jacking points are solid, longs are solid, floors are perfect, and hell hole has minor rust. Rear shock mounts have been stitch welded. Floors and rear trunk have been stripped, primered, seam sealed, and painted. Has a brand new windshield. Trunk is cut for factory A/C.
Can get pictures of most things, most are new and will have minor scuffs from install, but nothing major.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Oct 11 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Why don'y you drive it to Bruce's swap on Sunday?

There may be buyers there, at least you'll get some exposure? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Chi-town
post Oct 11 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,446

With part outs you usually end up getting 50% of what the parts value that you think they are worth.

If you can sit on the car and get it running / driving again you'll probably get your $6500 asking price or more.
+Quote Post
Localboy808
post Oct 11 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,194
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Francesco @ Oct 11 2018, 12:18 PM) *

Hello,
I'm trying to sell my 914, but having no luck yet. I figured, maybe I'll part it out? Or at least see what kind of interest I'll get, here are a few parts with prices, I am open to offers if they seem high, but let me know! If I get enough interest, I will start parting. Nothing includes shipping. Everything was new before installing and has never been driven on. All prices are based on eBay, let me know.

seats in good shape, have bolster tears but with new center cushions (400$)
basically new Bilstein HD shocks with ground control coilover adapters (1000$)
Weltmeister 22mm swaybar (300$)
BRAND NEW fuel pump from Auto Atlanta (400$)
Full poly-graphite bushings for the ENTIRE car, with plated trailing arms and front control arms with swaybar tabs, with stainless pivot shafts. new front bearings and ball joints, rear bearings shot. (1100$)
Rebuilt rack and pinion with a turbo tie rod kit, as well as a bumpsteer kit and all bushings(500$)
frame stiffening kit (inner longs, and rear 914 gt kit) back sides have been weld thru primered, will throw in a couple cans too($325)
gas tank was professionally rebuilt, stripped, sealed inside, and painted gloss black, with a new sending unit(600$)
tailshift trans with linkage and crossmember (300$)
New sway-away front torsion bars, 21mm (225$)
authentic momo c35 leather wheel and adapter (300$)
New german carpet kit from 914 rubber (250$)
New stainless braided brake lines - DOT approved (75$)
New stainless tunnel lines with new rubber lines throughout (150$)
New DOT approved LED 6" headlights (300$)
Centerline ultra lite 15x7 wheels with brand new Falken Azenis 205/50R15 Tires and fresh powder coat(1000$)
throttle body with all sensors and vacuum lines (100$)
distributors, one new from aircooled.net(75$), one used for EFI (50$)
Stock suspension, rear shocks, torsion bars (75$)
Headlight motors - both work great (50$/ea)

Body Panels are all straight and rust free, and for sale as well, including the shell. Most likely won't ship these.
914 front Hood (125$)
914 rear Hood (125$)
Engine Lid with Torsion Bars (125$)
Doors - Handles broken or don't work, glass is good, mechanism all works. (125$/ea)
Definitely other odds and ends such as wiring harnesses, etc. Gauges all work, column works with turn signals, etc.

914 Shell - No idea. Jacking points are solid, longs are solid, floors are perfect, and hell hole has minor rust. Rear shock mounts have been stitch welded. Floors and rear trunk have been stripped, primered, seam sealed, and painted. Has a brand new windshield. Trunk is cut for factory A/C.
Can get pictures of most things, most are new and will have minor scuffs from install, but nothing major.

PM sent on aircooled distributor.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 11 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #5

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 11 2018, 12:31 PM) *

Why don'y you drive it to Bruce's swap on Sunday?

There may be buyers there, at least you'll get some exposure? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

You aught to come with or without the car. Free to first time sellers.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=333461&hl=
+Quote Post
amfab
post Oct 11 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

PM sent for Steering Rack
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 11 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You ar 2X what most of those parts sell for. They might be in very good condition but they are used, no warranty, ect. Your car sounds nice. Try ebay. Lots of cars, including 914's get sold on their site. Listing fees are cheap for a car and as much as I love 914World, ebay has a much bigger buyer pool with people willing to pay higher prices.
+Quote Post
Francesco
post Oct 12 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,864

The entire car is on ebay as a whole, I'm just exploring other options. I figure a brand new part, 20% price drop, seems fair to me. If it doesn't to you, I suggest looking for used parts elsewhere.
+Quote Post
budk
post Oct 12 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970

QUOTE(Francesco @ Oct 12 2018, 12:57 PM) *

The entire car is on ebay as a whole, I'm just exploring other options. I figure a brand new part, 20% price drop, seems fair to me. If it doesn't to you, I suggest looking for used parts elsewhere.

.... drop the mic
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 12 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #10

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(Francesco @ Oct 12 2018, 12:57 PM) *

It might seem fair to you but it won’t get them sold unless it’s still in the box. It’s not new if it’s been used on the car. Your ad is very misleading.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 12 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #11

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Francesco @ Oct 12 2018, 09:57 AM) *

With that comment you can expect most people to look elsewhere. Not a great intro to a good group of 914 owners.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:40 AM