Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ORPCA AX, sunshine....garranteeeed
rhodyguy
post Jul 20 2003, 09:53 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

why i'm not there. left the stuff in the car yest. last night at 2:00 the dog goes balistic. blue lights a plenty infront of my house and a ratty ford van. then 4 more sheriffs. then the fire department. then the hazmat team in their tyvec suits. this crap went on til 4. mobil meth lab. bastards! woke up at 8. too late. next time. screw with my auto-x? i'll beat you with a bat next time. well, thats what i wanted to say. i made coffee for the officers and was the gracious host with regards to bathroom breaks.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jul 20 2003, 04:49 PM
Post #22

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey Kev,
we were wondering where you were. Yer name came up quite a few times... kept looking at the entrance buy no silver teener. We came to the conclusion the all those pics you posted of driving yer car was all super-imposed. The car was in the garage all the time & you shot it against a blue screen then added background! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
We had a great time... Chris done good, JP done good, Jim too and we really ogled his new car. I dropped my time 11 sec from first run to last. Big + for me!
bruce
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Jul 20 2003, 05:04 PM
Post #23

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Not sure, but I think I took last place among the 914's. Also not real sure, but I think Chris took 2nd overall in the 2.5 liter and under class. Results should be posted in a few days. A pair of 20 something sisters in Dad's 914 (mom and dad are long time AXers)
each bested me by at least 5 seconds. One missed two shifts and still got me good. Very humbling experience. My car looks and runs good, it's just the driver that needs work.
Not sure how JP did but I think he was close to the top time which was likely turned in by a beautiful red boxter. Both husband and wife drove it and they were within a few tenths of each other. Looking forward to seeing which was TTOD.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jul 21 2003, 12:47 PM
Post #24

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

AYup, gud fun....tho a trifle warm.....beats the sh!t out of rain, tho.

There was somthin' about that layout that didn't agree with ulf. I think it was the tight section at the start.....that's what I'm using for an excuse, regardless. I was a couple sec off that boxster....nuthin new there.....but I usually run pretty close to the female of the pair....not this time!

Chris done good. Another 100 hp, and he'd be wiping the floor with me. I took him for a ride. Maybe that'll be an incentive for him to put a six in that thing.

Bruce "may" have beaten you out of last place, Jim.
He has pics and video.

My in car camera deal didn't come out too well. The thing was set on full zoom....makes you sea sick to watch it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) I'll do better next time.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jul 21 2003, 01:38 PM
Post #25

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I got some good video after I mounted the camera on the tripod. Talk about makin' ya seasick. I knew my hands had a shake but, gawd, this was rediculous. Too bad the fun runs didn't count on the times. Unless I hit a cone my last time was a 68 sumpin...
I had fun and can't wait for next month.
bruce
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:19 AM