Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am I crazy?
jagalyn
post Oct 15 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #1

True Patina

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,503
Region Association: None

Ok... so I purchased my 914 in August and had it shipped from Oregon. It is an original 'survivor' car with 100% original paint.
I was super excited to receive it. I've had ten 914's previously but had not had one for 10 years.

When the trucking company unloaded the car, I discovered oil had dripped all over the top of my 914.

Attached Image

Being an original unmolested survivor car, the top was quite faded and chalky.
The oil stained the top wherever it dripped. I immediately washed the car to no avail... I hoped that it would dry out and fade away so I would not have to refinish the top.

It's been two months now and the stains still are there... So I decided to just oil the entire top.

Attached Image

I know this sounds crazy but the top looks amazing.
For those of you who will say that the oil will pickup dirt, I've washed the oils stains multiple times and they are dry as can be.

Attached Image

I am hoping the oil that I've applied will dry out and once I wash it a time or two will allow my top to look not only uniform, but much nicer than the dried out original finish.

Am I crazy?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 12:00 PM