Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 D-jet fuel injection mechanic SF bay?
Sm914650
post Oct 15 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,573
Region Association: Northern California

Hi all, I have a beautiful 73 914. It has all the options, being factory tint, appearance package, low miles..front and rear sway bars sitting in the truck to install this winter. Only issue im having, is my Djet fuel injection is having a ton of issues. I am spitting fuel from exhaust, flooding all the time, and aside from the car clearly running rich the idle is extremely rough most of the time, and also is spitting oil from the exhaust. Ive dealt with all the local guys that I know, and although they are some of the smartest 914 guys around, they dont know the Djet fuel injection troubleshooting like some may. I also replaced all 4 injectors with original Bosch injectors. Still having isssues.

Im looking for a mechanic who knows how to deal with the Djets, and more importantly has the time to diagnose the issues. Im located on the peninsula in SF bay, but willing to travel in CA. This car is amazing besides the current issues..would be great to clean up.
Thanks look forward to hearing from yall. If theres no one who can help in person, would willingly take any advice on here.
Casey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Oct 15 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

High Performance House, Hi Tech in San Rafael
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 15 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #3

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Because you are on the peninsula, I second the suggestion for Rich Bontempi at HPH in Redwood City.

Or if you are so inclined, study the D-Jet system yourself and DIY. Its not that challenging and most components and functionality can be easily diagnosed.
+Quote Post
Sm914650
post Oct 15 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,573
Region Association: Northern California

I know Rich personally..Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:48 AM