Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 901 transmission main seal and rear main seal
John90290
post Oct 17 2018, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,937
Region Association: None

I pulled the engine to complete the hell hole repair so figured I'd put in a new clutch. Glad I did, clutch disc soaked in oil or transmission fluid, take your pick. Also found the exhaust manifolds nuts hand tight on a couple of the studs and the thermostat cable off of the roller so that basically did not work.

Anyway.... I purchased the new seals - rear main and transmission shaft output but can't find any images or instructions on how to replace them? Usually this is straight forward but there seams to be some sort of recess in the RMS of the engine? Any diagrams or instructions would be appreciated.

Also, the clutch had a lot of material left on it, almost as thick as the replacement disc so I think the clutch was recent but they never bothered to replace seals so it's shot. The flywheel looks smooth and unmarred. Do I still need to resurface?

Thanks!

-John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:36 AM