Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GROUP BUY OFFER - Billet Aluminum Type 4 engine parts
jonesy
post Oct 17 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,293
Region Association: None

Hello All,

Some of you already know me as you are valued customers, having already bought parts from me.

For those of you that don’t know me, or the parts and service I offer, then I hope the past customers will vouch for me to give you reassurance.

I make and supply VW parts, mainly for aircooled engines.

I'm a one man band producing low volume billet parts to a very high standard.

I’m based in England, UK but please don’t let this put you off as I offer a quick and reliable service and parts will often be with you within the week.

I have supplied some of you with parts individually over the last few years and I have also offered group buys in the past.

I know the group buy helped a lot of you get parts at a great price but for the guys involved in the logistics of it, it was not easy.

I wanted to offer another group buy to you all on this forum but I don’t want to put any work onto one or two of you to help organise it.

So, what I propose is a straight forward discount on all orders. Your order will then be sent out by me directly to you, rather than to one person to distribute. Previously group buy shipping savings were OK but even then they were offset by the fact that parts had to be shipped twice. This way I just send direct to your door.

All you need to do is;
Paypal me directly. You will receive your order directly.
The prices given will be for a friends payment option. This is to save you money not me. I receive approx. the same. I pass on the fee savings to you. This is the only reason I offer this as a payment option.
You can check my feedback on here and other popular places for reassurance. I will not risk my business reputation for a quick gain. I have 100% feedback on ebay and a good reputation worldwide within the VW and Porsche community.
I will of course accept goods payment option if necessary but 5% will need to be added to the total price of your order to cover the paypal fees.

All you need to consider is;
As it’s a group buy it may take longer than usual as I need to keep up with demand.
As I will send orders directly then you won’t need to wait for the group buy to gain enough numbers and close completely but I do think that it should run as a rolling group buy and that I will aim to send out orders each week rather than each day.
If you want your parts super quick then this should be done as a priority order and should not be done at the group buy prices.

Of course, if any of you live local to each other or meet regular then I’m more than happy to send out combined package to cut down on shipping costs for you in smaller groups.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions for a better or different way to work this, then please shout up. As I’m a sole trader I can be flexible so I’m open to new ideas.

Here is the list of parts (and discounted prices) that I think might interest you;

£12 Type 4 fuel pump cover
£24 Type 4 oil cooler block off
£26 Type 4 oil cooler bypass adapter plate
£26 Type 4 sender plate m10 x 1 (taco plate)
£30 Type 4 sender plate m14 x 1.5 (taco plate)
£22 Type 4 sump plate (tunacan bottom plate)
£42 Type 4 sump extension (tuna can)
£40 Type 4 flywheel bolts
£120 carb filter plates

To keep things straight forward shipping will be £15 for 1 item and £25 for 2 or more, so this works out great if you want to buy more parts. A common purchase is for the sump extension, sump plate and sender plate.

My paypal address is;

boatyardbuses@aol.com

I will need you to add to the notes section of the payment your full name and address and the parts you want.

Some quotes from this forum (hope you guys don’t mind me quoting you – let me know if you do and I’ll remove)

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 15 2012, 06:48 PM) *

I bought one from him along with the Tunacan. He was awesome, very friendly to deal with and sent it immediately. Even with international shipping, it was well worth it. You can't see it in the pics, but the sender itself will be recessed into the body, keeping it well out of the wind. Neither the plate or the tunacan leaked once installed and I had no fitment issues at all. I am extremely satisfied. Make sure to purchase it before you change your oil, or you'll want to wait until you're ready.

QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Jul 16 2012, 07:50 AM) *

Bought a tuna can from him a few months ago. Great guy to deal with and fast shipping.

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 21 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Jonesy sell a billet taco plate set up,, the best out there, no leaks.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=305893

QUOTE(alan9144 @ Mar 5 2017, 11:33 PM) *

Great products, had your tiv sump on my last 14, will be in touch for another
Al

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jun 11 2017, 11:36 AM) *

Just got an email off to Neil Jones (Jonesy) in England, thanking him for the billet aluminum taco plate replacement piece I received from him last week. It fit like a glove, accommodated my temp sensor perfectly, and DOES NOT LEAK A DROP OF OIL! Anyone who is still trying to seal up their stock taco plate needs to get on board and get one of these from Neil (no affiliation). Don't know why I put up with 3 years of oil leaks before doing this.

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jun 12 2017, 01:22 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
I'm a big fan of the billet taco plate he makes. No more drips!

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Dec 31 2012, 04:44 PM) *

Bump for any more Group Buy peeps! ....... these are a great deal and virtually everyone running a type 4 engine needs these!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Dec 30 2012, 11:01 AM) *

Bump! For those of you interested in the Alloy Tuna and Alloy Taco plate GB go to this thread and put your name in!!! Everyone running a type 4 should be running these two items!!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1794306

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 20 2016, 12:40 PM) *

I was in on the last group buy, the products are outstanding, especially the taco plate.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 21 2016, 04:09 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Excellent quality products; both my tuna can and temp sender plate have been trouble free

QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 21 2016, 04:23 AM) *

After battling a leaking taco plate for years, I got in touch with Neil and bought his billet taco plate for my fresh 2056.
I'm completely impressed with the fit & quality. Most importantly...no leaks!

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 12 2013, 06:08 AM) *

That's why I'm buying aluminum tunacans made by Jonesy in England.
They accomodate the strainer screen without modification.

Cheers,
Neil aka Jonesy
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 17 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #2

-----------------------------------------

£12 Type 4 fuel pump cover block off plate kit
(I need some help on this one please - if all 914's had electric fuel pumps, they must have had this plate (similar) fitted from new to blank off the mechanical fuel pump location)

Anodised Clear (Silver) or Black

Precision Machined high-strength aluminium.

Complete with fitting hardware.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539816656.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539816657.2.jpg)

£24 Type 4 oil cooler block off

Anodised Black

Engine Oil cooler bypass block off cover plate

Oil Cooler Bypass Connection Block Off Cover plate.

Blocks off the standard oil cooler circuit. Used on full race or dry sump engines, or engines where the standard oil cooler is being bypassed or closed off when using remote oil cooling or full flow oil systems.

Complete with fitting hardware and seals.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539816930.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539816931.2.jpg)

£26 Type 4 oil cooler bypass adapter plate

Anodised Black

Remote oil cooler bypass connector / adapter plate..

M18 x 1.5 or 3/8" NPT thread.

Enables the connection of an external remote oil cooler.

Precision CNC machined high-strength aluminum.

Complete with fitting hardware and seals.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817356.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817357.2.jpg)

£26 Type 4 sender plate m10 x 1

Type 4 engine oil temp sender sump cover taco plate for mounting mounting sender unit with M10 x 1mm thread.

Fits all type IV (4) engines including Type 2 (T2) bay windows 72-79, Type 25 (T3) Transporter / Vanagon 80-83, Porsche 914s and of course VW Type 4's

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817586.1.jpg)

£30 Type 4 sender plate m14 x 1.5

Type 4 engine oil temp sender sump cover taco plate for mounting VDO oil temperature sender (M14 x 1.5mm thread)

Fits all type IV (4) engines including Type 2 (T2) bay windows 72-79, Type 25 (T3) Transporter / Vanagon 80-83, Porsche 914s and of course VW Type 4's

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817741.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817741.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ebayimg.com-15293-1539940783.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ebayimg.com-15293-1539940784.2.jpg)

£22 Type 4 Aluminium oil sump cover (bottom) plate kit

Fits on its own or with the sump extension.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539817910.1.jpg)

£42 Type 4 oil sump extension

Commonly called a Tuna can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Increase your engines oil capacity to help prevent oil starvation.

Complete with fitting hardware and oil pick up extension tube.

This can accept my billet sump cover (bottom) plate or your original.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539818004.1.jpg)

Example of sump plate and extension
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539818281.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ebayimg.com-15293-1539943847.1.jpg)

£40 Type 4 flywheel bolt set

Heavy duty (130 ft-lb / 180 N-m)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1126.photobucket.com-15293-1539818614.1.jpg)

£120 carb filter plates

Billet Aluminium Twin carb air filter plate kit

For Type 1 / Type 4 / Weber / dellorto / 83mm / 100mm filters

Precision Machined high-strength aluminium. Anodised black or silver.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ebayimg.com-15293-1539809479.3.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ebayimg.com-15293-1539809480.4.jpg)

+Quote Post
914werke
post Oct 18 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #3

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

BTW as far as Tuna cans are concerned, The OG Welt. steel version is now NLA!
@jonesy Neil any other payment option than Paypal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) ?
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 18 2018, 02:45 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 18 2018, 08:31 AM) *

BTW as far as Tuna cans are concerned, The OG Welt. steel version is now NLA!
@jonesy Neil any other payment option than Paypal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) ?

Yes, I can accept direct bank payment no problem.
I'd have to ask for the fees to be covered (only as i'm trying to keep the GB offer price low, so I can't absorb the extra fees)

My bank fees for receiving international payments are;
Receiving a payment up to and including £100: £2
Receiving a payment of over £100: £7

PS. just noticed that, regarding these fees, there's no reason why I can't accept 2 or even 3 payments under £100 to keep the bank fees as low as possible... e.g. bank fees for say a £199 order can be just £4 rather than £7.

Its not often you can get one over on the banks, so that small victory should be celebrated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Oct 18 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Jonesy!

I’ve bought several items from you in the past and everything has been first rate!

What can you tell me about your flywheel bolts?
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 19 2018, 02:52 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Oct 18 2018, 08:01 PM) *

Hey Jonesy!

I’ve bought several items from you in the past and everything has been first rate!

What can you tell me about your flywheel bolts?

Hi mate,

Glad to hear that.

The flywheel bolt sets are heavy duty, good for 130 ft-lb / 180 N-m.
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 19 2018, 03:10 AM
Post #7

I know from lessons learned and suggestions from this forum, that I needed to provide clear instructions for the tuna cans, to help people get the best out of the product.

I'm glad to say i've know done this, so instructions will be provided.

Just so its clear - the original screen filter can be fitted with the tuna can (sump extension)
+Quote Post
JFG
post Oct 19 2018, 03:54 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,869

I have one of his taco plates on mine for the oil temp sensor. it is a top quality part with no fitment or use problems at all.

i haven't seen those carb plates before, so if i don't sell my car i will be buying those too.
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 19 2018, 04:06 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 19 2018, 01:54 AM) *

I have one of his taco plates on mine for the oil temp sensor. it is a top quality part with no fitment or use problems at all.

i haven't seen those carb plates before, so if i don't sell my car i will be buying those too.

Thank you.

I really need to take some better pics of the carb plates. the pics i've posted don't do them justice at all.

I'm sure i have some better pics but couldn't find them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Oct 20 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

I want a taco plate and tuna can too... sending PM.
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 21 2018, 02:31 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Oct 20 2018, 02:52 PM) *

I want a taco plate and tuna can too... sending PM.

Did you send the PM buddy? i haven't received anything yet.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Oct 21 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #12

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

A deep sump (or Tuna can) Is cheap insurance and highly recommended for ANY 914
street or track.
Unfortunately the # of sources for this piece have recently dwindled w/Automotion closing is Porsche division
Fortunately @Jonesy is still manufacturing this high quality part.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 25 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 21 2018, 08:57 AM) *

A deep sump (or Tuna can) Is cheap insurance and highly recommended for ANY 914
street or track.
Unfortunately the # of sources for this piece have recently dwindled w/Automotion closing is Porsche division
Fortunately @Jonesy is still manufacturing this high quality part.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Thanks Rich!
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 31 2018, 04:25 AM
Post #14

bump to the top
+Quote Post
Tbrown4x4
post Oct 31 2018, 04:46 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,338

To answer your question:

" (I need some help on this one please - if all 914's had electric fuel pumps, they must have had this plate (similar) fitted from new to blank off the mechanical fuel pump location)"

The 914 case had the location for the pump cast into the case, but the machining was not done. The only thing you might watch out for is when someone puts a van case in a 914. The plate will clear an early engine bar, but might hit a later (side shifter) engine bar. With your mounting bolts recessed as they are, it could be fine.
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 31 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Oct 31 2018, 02:46 AM) *

To answer your question:

" (I need some help on this one please - if all 914's had electric fuel pumps, they must have had this plate (similar) fitted from new to blank off the mechanical fuel pump location)"

The 914 case had the location for the pump cast into the case, but the machining was not done. The only thing you might watch out for is when someone puts a van case in a 914. The plate will clear an early engine bar, but might hit a later (side shifter) engine bar. With your mounting bolts recessed as they are, it could be fine.

That's great. Thanks for your help with that!

The bolt heads don't sit proud of the plate so should clear the later engine bar too.
+Quote Post
colingreene
post Dec 6 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 16,526
Region Association: Southern California

are their any directions for installing your tuna can sump?
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Dec 7 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(colingreene @ Dec 6 2018, 09:28 AM) *

are their any directions for installing your tuna can sump?

Hi Colin,

I just emailed you a PDF file with a fitting guide that should help.

Cheers,
Neil
+Quote Post
90quattrocoupe
post Dec 8 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 20,561
Region Association: Southern California

You have a PM.
+Quote Post
jonesy
post Oct 22 2019, 05:53 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(90quattrocoupe @ Dec 8 2018, 09:17 PM) *

You have a PM.

I'm still taking orders for parts if anyone needs anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:19 AM