Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT - So You Asked What Can I Tow & Camp in with My 914!?, How About an Eriba Puck?
Tom_T
post Oct 28 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

In the past, several member on here have asked what they could tow for camping with their 914.

Well how about this little Pucker!?

They were designed with VW's help back in 1957, to be easily towable by VW Beatles (25 hp back then), Isettas, Minis, etc., etc.

So they're definitely Porsche Towable!
Attached Image Attached Image

& VW of course!
Attached Image
... pay attention to this last one, see it below.

or with a ....
Attached Image

Okay, you get the idea! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

I'd always just tent camped out of my `73 914-2.0 when she was my DD 1775-85, & I don't know that I'd want to put a hitch on mine when restored - but I could & do just fine with this Puck.

Well .... we picked up another toy yesterday!

I know, I know .... it's "Repetitively Redundant" towed with a Westy full camper, but think of it as a guest house for the grandkids!

Also, since it's a 1970, it's eligible for the vintage trailer events which we go to (the Westy is too young!), we can go with this, & since it's small car towable, we can tow it with the Westy, & with the 85 325e & 914-2.0 - if I put hitches on them.

1970 Eriba Puck (German made Export mode &l finished fitting-out in CA with the CA-HCD RV/Trailer Approval Plate), 12' L (10' L box) x 5.5' W, 660 lbs empty, 70 lbs hitch wt. - sleeps 2-3 at dinette made into bed, 2 burner LP stove, Icebox (some had the optional 3-way fridge), sink & +/-10 gal. fresh water tank, center pop-top lifts for standing room & donw to fit in a normal ht. garage.

Our new Baby - mostly original:

So we'll take the Lil' Pucker for her own inaugural trip with us ]to Puck around the weekend before Thanksgiving for a group camp out with other vintage trailer buddies.

Wife is happy now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:13 PM