Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1973 Ivory White Appearance Group Car, Always in California-Long Story but worth it- Edited Price
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

1973 Appearance Group Ivory White 914 for sale:

Please forgive the long story, I have had this car for some time. While I’m not in a hurry to sell it, I have other projects calling and have come to the conclusion that it is time to pass the mantle to another member or person to keep and drive this wonderful car. It is bitter sweet for me to let go of it.

Details of the Car
Engine:

Original rebuilt 1.7 with stock D-jet fuel injection. Case is bored 040 over with aprox. 35K miles. This was done by the previous owner. The work was done right.

123 Electronic Distributor.
New Bowlsby EFI Wiring Harness.
Rebuilt and calibrated Manifold Pressure sensor.
Rebuilt and flow matched fuel injectors by Witchhunter.
All hoses have been replaced with E10 resistant fuel hose rated for Fuel Injection.
Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers with a new Triad dual outlet exhaust with custom dual outlet stock rear valance. The SSHE’s have been welded for strength at the mounting tabs to the heads and do not leak.
Fuel pump was converted to a two port and relocated to the passenger side firewall tucked up high underneath the car and outside of the exhaust heat.
Brad Penn oil has always been used in this engine. 4 spare quarts are included with the sale along with a new spare Mahle filter.
I have taken the aux heater motor off as I live in So Cal. It works and I can re-install it if a buyer wishes to. The heater alone works great without it. There is a small oil leak from the oil cooler seals with an occasional drip every so often on the garage floor. It is only a distraction and nothing major as far as these motor go.

This engine runs like a top and could easily be a daily driver. It is a well sorted and restored original D-jet system. Spare 1.7 fuel injection parts listed are included with the sale. The Injection has been calibrated with a AFR wideband meter. The odometer was fixed after some work was done and reads aprox 10K.

Suspension and Tires:

New Turbo Ties Rods along with new Lemforder ball joints installed two years ago along with a stock front sway bar with Tarett Engineering adjustable droplinks.

New Bilstein Sport rear shocks and front inserts with #140 rear springs, adjustable anodized perches provided by Rebel Racing.

Rebuilt and powder coated rear trailing arms with harder polyurethane bushings from stock from PMB. Zerks were installed in the trailing arm tubes. Stub axle hubs have been re-plated zinc with new rear bearings pressed in.

Slightly used new Type 1 CV’s were used to complete the suspension. These were inspected and repacked with new boots by yours truly.

The car currently sits on 205-60’s which have some life still left. I was going to replace them, however with the pending sale, it is already priced in. New tires on a 914 will last well beyond my retirement, so I figured I would let a buyer to decide what tires to they wanted to have.

Brakes:

All stock. Rear calipers were restored by PMB and the fronts were rebuilt by myself from a PMB kit. All fluid has been changed annually. Rotors are in good shape (within spec).

Wheels and Tires:

Currently the car sits on 2.0 Fuch repros, these are fitted with 205-60’s. A restored stock “steelie” sits inside the frunk as a spare. The rear fenders have been pulled by the PO. It was a decent job, but not great, but the tires do not rub. These tires have some life left, but with a pending sale, they are priced out and I thought I’d let the buyer decide to what tires they wanted. If it were me, I’d go same size but a sticker tire.

Electrical:

LED replacements for all dash lights. A new LED interior light replaces the stock bulb. Electric windshield washer was done by PO and is done correctly. The air driven stock washer hoses were disconnected as most 914’s are. The fresh air blower has been restored and works well. A “hot” start solenoid has been added to the starting circuit along with a new ignition switch. Everything else works. The horn is an aftermarket air unit from the PO. I kept it, for loudness sake.

Interior:

Seats have been restored to the original brickweave along with the door panels which are the fiberglass units from 914 Rubber. All door rubber fuzzies and scrapers have been restored along with the vent wing rubber. New charcoal “salt and pepper” German carpet makes up the floor coverings. The dash remains original and with a few minor cracks. A snap on abs cap covers it for now.
The lower knee pad has been replaced with a non-cracked one. A spare targa valance pad and knee pad go with the sale. These spares were intended as “cores” to be recovered and installed later. There is a small tear in the upper back pad from a spare part I hauled once. It is an easy fix.

Exterior:

This car has been resprayed once. The jambs and inside trunk and frunk retain the original Ivory. It is a solid 10 footer with a few pings on the outside from some careless idiots. It has some bondo in the upper cowl area and below the sail panel from the PO respray. It was my intention always to have it returned to the original Ivory. I have just been having too much fun driving it to take it to paint. The license plates on the car are the original “Blues” the rear even has the 1974 original California tag underneath the current one. The front plate has been restored. This is rare to have the original blue front. The bumper tops are new with the front top a 914 Rubber repop with the rear a new NOS that I got from George Hussey many years back. The front bumper has been re-chromed while the tits are deleted. I have them if you prefer them. They are in “Good” shape with no major cracks. New foglight grilles frame out the restored fogs lamps.

Discolsure:

The longs are solid on this car. I have cleaned them and inspected them thoroughly when I went through a restoration and repaint of all the valances. It is documented here. The battery tray had been replaced by the PO, however underneath the battery tray in the upper wheel well there is some rust that needs attention. It is a small area above the long on the passenger side. It was my intention to completely respray the engine compartment and do this when I finished building a 2056 (see parts list). There is also some surface rust on the underbody and in the drainage channels in the frunk, but no structural rust save some surface rust only. I believe this fix is already priced in.

2.0 Parts:

These parts are intended for a 2056 build. I have listed spares for the 1.7 already. Everything here on this list is included with the sale and has been meticulously gone through and powder coated.

John Larson, our own Kapn Krusty rebuilt the spare transmission before he passed away in 2015 from cancer. He was a meticulous Porsche mechanic and the transmission was thoroughly scrubbed with new cryogenically hardened pinion bearings, new main shaft bearing and scrubbed stack gears and synchro’s.

The fan assembly has a new alternator, new Bowlsby alternator harness, flap assembly, and is freshly powder coated silver. All holes are ground connection points were masked and holes retapped.

The spare trans has dino gear oil in it and is turned to make sure the gears are covered every so often in the garage. With the trans, the spare parts are worth over well over $4k.

Basically everything for a new D-jet 2.1 liter motor is here with the spare parts except the short block and clutch which could be repurposed from the 1.7 that is in the car.
The idea was always to have a driving car while you are building your next motor. I do not want to split up any parts for sale individually. I will sell the parts as a lot with the car or the car alone without the spare parts.

They say when you buy a Porsche you buy the previous owner. I have had this car for eleven years and have restored/ maintained it and garaged it. I would rate this car on the Haggarty scale between a 2 and a 3, hence the price.

Price is:

Car with all spare parts $18,000. Car without spare parts $14,800. $14,000 No trades. PM me here or e-mail to RWS5@roadrunner.com

I have decided to post it here first.

I hate to sell it but it is time.

I’ll post pictures to keep it bumped.

Rob

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Triad Exhaust
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Led

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Inside

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Trunk

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Tub Condition

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:02 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Frunk

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Dash Lights

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Longs

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:05 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Billy's

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

spare

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:08 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Side view

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Rebuilt spare trans

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 30 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

Free plug for 123 Distrubutors. The car is featured there.

https://123ignitionusa.com/
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Oct 30 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

wow this should sell fast!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 6 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

Bump...

I'm going to be offering up the 2.0 parts up for sale in the coming weeks.

There are some other great cars for sale as well!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 30 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Most of the parts except the 2.0 Djet injection parts are sold.

Trans should really go with the car.

I have the engine mount bar still available

Car is in the San Dimas area.

PM here is the best way to get a hold of me.

Next week I am unavailable. Started the car so I could work on the other P car...............fired right up!.

+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Dec 1 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 21,628

Really nice car - curious: what is the center/cup holder - looks smart.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Dec 2 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #19

914 Guru

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Dec 1 2018, 12:59 PM) *

Really nice car - curious: what is the center/cup holder - looks smart.

The story on the cup holder is this:

I was in Pep Boys a few years back and looking for one to fit in the car. I spotted this one which looked about the right size. On the clearance shelf- $5.

It dropped right in. I have the center cushion for the car. I usually just let whom ever is brave enough to sit in the passenger seat use it as a foot brace.

Anyway, that is the story on the cup holder. Never seen another one like it after that.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:56 AM