Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 930 4 speed transmission, 1987 Turbo 930 4 speed 'Flipped' transmission
dgale914
post Nov 3 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 395
Region Association: Northern California

I've decided to move away from the small block Chevy in my 73 914 and experiment with a 2014 LFX GM V6. My chassis is already set-up for a water cooled motor so a 60degree, 370lb, 340hp all aluminum V6 may be a nice solution in front of a 901 or 915 trans. (old school V8 with aluminum heads is 535lbs and an LS is 434lbs)

All that said, I won't be needing this transmission for the next chapter of my 73 914.

-1987 Turbo 930/36 4 Speed Trans
-Short Nose Bell Housing
-Case SN: 7H01204 ('H' is the year code for 1987)
-This trans is 'Flipped' for mid-engine use. (ring and pinion)
-Factory Limited Slip
-Stock Gearing
-Comes with a Cable Shift brand shifter set-up.
-Perfect for V8 Conversion or any other High HP/High Torque application.

930 Turbo 1986-88
4-speed fully-synchronized transaxle
Manufactured by Porsche (ZF)
Plate-type limited-slip differential available

Gear ratios:
1st gear: 2.25
2nd gear: 1.304
3rd gear: 0.893
4th gear: 0.625
Ring and pinion: 4.22

$6000. Local pick-up is preferred but can also ship if you pay for shipping. I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gearup
post Nov 3 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,660
Region Association: None

QUOTE(dgale914 @ Nov 3 2018, 11:15 AM) *

I've decided to move away from the small block Chevy in my 73 914 and experiment with a 2014 LFX GM V6. My chassis is already set-up for a water cooled motor so a 60degree, 370lb, 340hp all aluminum V6 may be a nice solution in front of a 901 or 915 trans. (old school V8 with aluminum heads is 535lbs and an LS is 434lbs)

All that said, I won't be needing this transmission for the next chapter of my 73 914.

-1987 Turbo 930/36 4 Speed Trans
-Short Nose Bell Housing
-Case SN: 7H01204 ('H' is the year code for 1987)
-This trans is 'Flipped' for mid-engine use. (ring and pinion)
-Factory Limited Slip
-Stock Gearing
-Comes with a Cable Shift brand shifter set-up.
-Perfect for V8 Conversion or any other High HP/High Torque application.

930 Turbo 1986-88
4-speed fully-synchronized transaxle

Manufactured by Porsche (ZF)
Plate-type limited-slip differential available

Gear ratios:
1st gear: 2.25
2nd gear: 1.304
3rd gear: 0.893
4th gear: 0.625
Ring and pinion: 4.22

$6000. Local pick-up is preferred but can also ship if you pay for shipping. I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.

I have a late model rebuilt 915. Just curious if a trade might be possible. Is your 930 tranny in good shape and do you have the hardware to install it with a Chevy V8. Just throwing this out there as a possibility.

Brett
+Quote Post
dgale914
post Nov 4 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 395
Region Association: Northern California

Brett,

Is the 915 flipped for mid-engine? Use in upside down position or ring & pinion flipped?
What tail housing is on it for shifting? (Wevo side shifter for example or stock)
What is the condition of the 915? Gears, synchros, etc.
Is the gearing stock?
What Year 915?
Serial Number?
Does it have a LSD?
Where are you located?

This 930 box came out of a friends Turbo about 10 years ago and has been sitting on a shelf in my shop since. He installed a 915 in the car as many turbo owners have done over the years. No issues with synchros and box was inspected when reassembled for mid-engine config.

I might consider the 915 in a deal and I believe I have the flywheel and clutch for the conversion. The Cable Shift system bracket that bolts to the back of the trans has arms that mount to the 914 trans mount positions. I can send you pics.

PM me more details on the 915 and what kind of deal you are proposing.

Doug

+Quote Post
Gearup
post Nov 4 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,660
Region Association: None

QUOTE(dgale914 @ Nov 4 2018, 07:46 AM) *

Brett,

Is the 915 flipped for mid-engine? Use in upside down position or ring & pinion flipped?
What tail housing is on it for shifting? (Wevo side shifter for example or stock)
What is the condition of the 915? Gears, synchros, etc.
Is the gearing stock?
What Year 915?
Serial Number?
Does it have a LSD?
Where are you located?

This 930 box came out of a friends Turbo about 10 years ago and has been sitting on a shelf in my shop since. He installed a 915 in the car as many turbo owners have done over the years. No issues with synchros and box was inspected when reassembled for mid-engine config.

I might consider the 915 in a deal and I believe I have the flywheel and clutch for the conversion. The Cable Shift system bracket that bolts to the back of the trans has arms that mount to the 914 trans mount positions. I can send you pics.

PM me more details on the 915 and what kind of deal you are proposing.

Doug

Doug. I’m taking off for Japan in 3 hrs. I have the paperwork at home as to the year etc. I know it is the more desireable late model 915 but will get you specifics if you want when I return in 3 days. I bought it as a rebuilt 915 and it still has the sticker on it. It has not been flipped. I do have a flipped 915 with low miles on it that I was going to put in my car but it is set up for a V8 and has a Chevy bellhouse on it and a Chevy heavy duty clutch. I don’t think that that would work for you. I have pictures of both transmissions if interested. I have CV’s and a 915 trans mount bracket as well.

Brett
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:04 AM