Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: 2056 or 2270 Type 4 Engine
9144me2enjoy
post Nov 5 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,240
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

WTB: Trying to locate a Reasonably (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Priced Jake Raby or FAT Performance built Type 4-2056 or 2270 Complete engine build with low miles with current compression numbers or leak down test and paperwork on the build. Let me know what you have. Or possibly if you just have the 2056/2270 kit. I have a 2.0 engine to work with if needed. Planning on installing it in a 73-914. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Nov 6 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

To be clear, I intend to try and be helpful even if it does not sound that way.

What you are searching for is extremely rare.
Regardless of documentation used is used and a new build will always be dollars better spent.

Figure out what you want the engine to do and how you want it to perform. Your decisions will be completely different if it is a daily driver vs a weekend warrior.

Set your self a real budget? After doing these two things see if you can make what is easy and readily available fit into your budget and performance goals.

You can get a FAT 2258cc Type IV Short Block Kit for $2,250.00 or 2056cc FAT Performance Type IV LONG BLOCK for $7,500.00

You can get a Scat 2056cc Long Block (71mm Stroke X 96mm Bore) $3,536.78 or a 2840cc Long-Block (82mm Stroke x 105mm Bore) for $7,076.00.

Of course the top of the world is the Type 4 Store 2056 kit at $9,375.00. Some assembly required.

These are just a few examples and there are many options but I would recommend going with one of the all ready or mostly built options.
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Nov 6 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,061

See my PM, I can build you any combo you want.
+Quote Post
9144me2enjoy
post Nov 6 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #4

Mike sounds like sound advise. Thanks
+Quote Post
9144me2enjoy
post Nov 6 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Nov 6 2018, 04:43 PM) *

See my PM, I can build you any combo you want.

Meredith I will get back in touch with you when I decide which way I’m going to go on the build. Thank you
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:43 PM