Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Remove Front Shock Bushing?, Alignment Mount
bbrock
post Nov 8 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Anyone have tips on removing the rubber bushings from the front shock alignment plate/mount without destroying them? I'd like to take this apart to clean and repaint but the bushings look great and I'd like to reuse them.

Thanks!

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BeatNavy
post Nov 8 2018, 09:17 AM
Post #2

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I used a press. It comes flying out of there, so be careful. I'm pretty sure it wasn't destroyed in the process, but I was replacing them with the 914Rubber version, and so I wasn't overly concerned. IIRC, the bushings are made of two separate pieces.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Nov 8 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 8 2018, 08:17 AM) *

I used a press. It comes flying out of there, so be careful. I'm pretty sure it wasn't destroyed in the process, but I was replacing them with the 914Rubber version, and so I wasn't overly concerned. IIRC, the bushings are made of two separate pieces.

Thanks! So it comes out in one piece? I also thought it looked like two separate pieces of rubber but I can't tell if they are glued together. I also wondered if I could press out the metal center and then remove the rubber. Replacing with 914rubber bushings is my backup plan, but I hate to ruin perfectly good OEM parts. Or I could just clean and paint with them in place I guess.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:24 PM