Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS Headers and Muffler, PRICE DROP!, Kerry Hunter Style...inkl. muffler u. extras
MikeInMunich
post Nov 14 2018, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

Greetings again from Munich!

These headers are in SoCal!

Never sold these barely used headers. Perhaps this time around someone will be interested. The setup cost quite a bit more than my asking price.

They were mounted on 1.8 liter heads. At this moment I am personally unsure of whether or not they will fit on 2.0 liter heads, but I’m sure that someone who knows will post below as to whether they will or not.

Some may recall this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/lofiversion/i...hp?t231038.html

I decided that I want / need heat and that the easiest solution would be to go back to heat exchangers. That’s why these are up for sale.

Manufacturer: OBX. They may have been the last set they ever sold (for the 914). Apparently they copied Kerry Hunter‘s design(?) and may have received a cease and desist order. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Sorry Mr. Hunter! I didn’t know that when I bought them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

They needed to be slightly modified to fit but in the end it was a great set up.

The muffler and tailpipe as well as the 944 hanger (see photo which includes crotch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)) are included. 944 hanger neatly supports muffler! Great solution.

Tailpipe diameter is 3.5“

The orange plate in a few of the photos is, I believe, from Tangerine racing and redirects the clutch cable. I do not see it on their website but I’m pretty sure I got it from them and it is orange, so... I think it cost about $50 but I may be wrong. It may have been more. In any case, it’s included and I believe necessary.

Comparable exhaust systems for the 914 sell for, how much? $1500 - $2,000

Asking $650 for everything.

Please send me a PM if interested.

Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

M.i.M.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Nov 24 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #2

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Any comments or feedback?

Curious about the apparent lack of interest / demand.

Thanks,

M.i.M.
+Quote Post
marksteinhilber
post Nov 30 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,057
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Nov 24 2018, 07:13 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Any comments or feedback?

Curious about the apparent lack of interest / demand.

Thanks,

M.i.M.

I think the lack of interest usually goes back to the asking price. Brand new MSDS or European headers can be found new for less, maybe $800. I have seen entire European header set-ups with supertrapp silencers or megaphone pipes for around $500.

Many members on here like the idea of a complete well known system like the Tangerine Racing products, or the Triad, both get very positive comments.

The OBDX headers got some bad reviews about not fitting to the heads. They also don't use stub pipes (stub pipes help leave the connection to the heads undisturbed when doing maintenance). It appears your header pipes have been cut and customized based on the non-production welding. Perhaps grinding those welds to clean them up might help get a buyer. Perhaps you might ask for offers, or list a price for the headers separate from the muffler and other pieces in addition to the whole system price.

That said, there definitely is value in what you have. equal length headers with a 4 way merge are know to add horsepower and the stainless muffler and flex connection look to be a well thought out custom touch. If it is a nice set up, perhaps tell why you are selling....
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Feb 19 2020, 03:33 AM
Post #4

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) ...price drop to $650...?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:08 AM