Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New SCCA Solo AUTOCROSS, The 914's qualify
struckn
post Nov 24 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,764
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hemmings On Line today has an article about SCCA starting a new Autocross Solo competition for non American made cars 1974 and older. The comments explain that the rules allow that if the car is newer then '74 but same as the 74 model year they qualify. This sounds like it opens the door for the early 914's and possibly the newer 914's based on the engines as the determining factor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Racer
post Nov 26 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,073

I recall reading about this a few years ago. I think this class is geared more towards slower/older european cars.. like British roadsters (Morgan, MG, Triumph etc). Most Porsches (and Alfa's and Lotus') of any vintage still enjoy a modern class (ie, C Stock or now C Street) is where 914s are still classed. Also, I think this class is more local/regional than a national class.. so support for it may be spotty.
+Quote Post
struckn
post Nov 26 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,764

QUOTE(Racer @ Nov 26 2018, 05:51 AM) *

I recall reading about this a few years ago. I think this class is geared more towards slower/older european cars.. like British roadsters (Morgan, MG, Triumph etc). Most Porsches (and Alfa's and Lotus') of any vintage still enjoy a modern class (ie, C Stock or now C Street) is where 914s are still classed. Also, I think this class is more local/regional than a national class.. so support for it may be spotty.

Here's the source to the Hemmins artical for mre information.

SCCA creates autocross classes for pre-1975 sports cars ...
www.hemmings.com/blog/2016/03/01/scca-creates-autocross...
The Sports Car Club of America has announced the creation of two classes for pre-1975 sports cars in its popular Solo autocross program, giving owners of classic cars a way to participate against cars of similar technology.[/b]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:35 AM