Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OK-PRICE TO SELL FOLKS! FS- 914-6 1971 RACECAR with a 2.7 RS Spec MFI, PRICE GREATLY REDUCED TO SELL-
R8CERX
post Dec 2 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #1

2014 New year resolution: To get along with Woody...

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,972
Region Association: Southern California

1971 PORSCHE 914-6 with a 2.7 RS SPEC MFI ENGINE FOR SALE

• Lightweight with lots of horsepower
• Clean and clear title
• VIN#4712901861 (car started as a 1971 914 four cylinder)
• Registration is current for street driving, but not a comfortable commuter car!

Asking $20,000 OBO (serious buyers/no free rides)

Car has recently been tuned up by John Chambers Motorsports

I purchased the car in 2014 from the original racecar builder and I made the following improvements to the car since it’s purchased:
• Rebuilt transmission
• Rebuilt MFI
• Regular maintenance prior to events
• Added stiffing rear chassis kit
• Installed new adjustable Koni shocks
• Added passenger race seat/seat belts
• Modified steering to quick release
• Installed a wide rear view mirror
• Perform various chassis modifications to meet PCA track regulations

Since I purchased the car, the car has not been raced much; less than 10 autocrosses/track events due to other life priorities. Thus, wife has drawn the line…. And happy wife… happy slavery… time to sell and let someone else become the best driver in the world!!!

What follows are the build details from his add at the time.
• Car started as a 1971 914 4 cylinder in very good condition, clean and straight body with no rust (there are minor surface spot in the battery well and some at the front wheel wells)
Major modifications for track:
• Interior completely stripped, dash removed, all window and hardware removed, battery moved to front trunk, 4-point bolt-in cage installed.
• Headlights, driver side wiper and brake lights are still operational
• All heater and vent/blower hardware has been removed
• Large portions of the wiring harness have been removed or altered
• The stock fuel tank is used, but the plastic tubes from the front the engine compartment have been replaced with stainless steel lines
• The car has been extensively modified for the six cylinder installation, particularly the oil plumbing.
• The oil system uses braided lines throughout and a Petersen tank, breather and other hardware.
• There is a thermostatically controlled front oil cooler ducted to the front bumper.
• The motor mount is a Patrick “hinged” 2-point unit bolted directly to the firewall, making engine removal fast and easy.
• Engine spark is provided by an MSD ignition module, MSD coil and Pertronix optical points.
• The engine has been fitted with a reproduction 914-6 sheet metal
• The engine is a Supertec built 2.7 RS Motor MFI (with the rare and desirable BOSCH Mechanical Fuel Injection).
• The car is rated at 210+ HP using 91 octane pump gas. The case was align-bored, case savers installed, new main/rod/intermediate shaft bearings, dilivar studs, turbo oil pump, solid chain tensioners, magged and polished crank, S cams. The engine has a 1-5/8 headers with a 911 sport muffler.
• The transmission is a standard 5 speed 901 that has been converted to side-shift. It is solid and shifts wells. All shift linkage bushings have been upgraded or replaced; including the firewall bushing which has been replaced with a spherical bearing. The original shift lever is installed, but a short-shift unit is could be bolted if desired. The flywheel is very light, 7.2 lbs for fast revs, and has a Centerforce clutch with about 40% wear.
• The suspension is stock 914 4-lugs, upgraded with Koni adjustable shocks and adjustable coilovers. The rear control arms have Delrin bushings. The brakes have braided lines.
• Adjustable brake bias lever in the engine compartment
• Two sets of wheels are included: Cheap Rivieras with narrow tires for towing and a set of FUCHS with 205-50/15
• The interior features a custom made racing dash fabricated from aluminum with a large electronic tach, stock oil pressure and temperature gauges and a large oil pressure warning light.
• Driver’s seats are Kirkey intermediate/large with Simpson 6 point harnesses
• The pedal cluster has been rebuilt with aluminum pedal and light weight perforated aluminum floorboard
• The steering wheel is Momo (push buttons are no longer on steering wheel)
• Not wanting to buy and store a trailer, the car has a custom flat-towing setup up; there are two small receivers that have been bolted to the trunk longitudinals. A towing bar inserts through 2 holes in the bumper and attaches to the receivers. Hook the hitch to your truck, RV, plug in the brake/blinkers cable, and put the car in neutral and go!

NOTE:
Current car's personalized license plate is not part of the sale
Car odometer was removed by builder- I have only used car for less than 10 autocross/track events or so since 2014; hence wife wants it gone! I do not use it as expected! Time for someone else to enjoy car!

CAR LOCATED IN MURRIETA/TEMECULA, CALIFORNIA

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
johnvan8
post Dec 3 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,044
Region Association: None

pm sent
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Dec 16 2018, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I have driven this car. It hauls ass.

The motor alone is probably worth the money for the whole car.
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Dec 16 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 16 2018, 10:08 AM) *

I have driven this car. It hauls ass.

The motor alone is probably worth the money for the whole car.

Lawrence!! Lost track of you guys!!
Merry Christmas!
+Quote Post
flynt
post Dec 19 2018, 10:07 AM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 18,119

PM sent.
+Quote Post
roblav1
post Jan 4 2019, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,943
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Did this car ever sell?
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 4 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jan 4 2019, 01:16 PM) *

Did this car ever sell?

NO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I had a few interested parties, but not local (and offers).

I am a firm believer to see eye to eye and look at the car in person --so I had to turn down a few interested parties that were not able to at least meet in person to review car.

Had someone that almost picked it up last week, but had to reconsider his options for other projects, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) so he passed and I am currently working with two more folks (locals) that may come to view car next week.

I must say, the gentleman that almost picked up my car last week, I see a potential great friendship to develop--this is what I like about this community, great folks all over! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

So, still is a great deal! Even the gentleman that passed the opportunity agreed, just was not his exact project plan due to the fact that the car is pretty much a stripped racecar, and too much will be needed to be brought back to a daily car/cruiser.

So, anyone with an interest to start racing, this is the right car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
And $20K is the lowest I can go..... not $19.999999999K as I already dropped it from $25K (I just recently put into it $2500 to get it ready to sel with my mechanic!l! since I am not a handy guy like many of you are!!!(but a I think I am a better driver!!)) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Cheers
Felix
951 445 6437
anacfez@outlook.com
+Quote Post
Gearup
post Jan 5 2019, 12:37 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 18,660

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 4 2019, 06:56 PM) *

Did this car ever sell?

I am a firm believer to see eye to eye and look at the car in person --so I had to turn down a few interested parties that were not able to at least meet in person to review car.

Had someone that almost picked it up last week, but had to reconsider his options for other projects, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) so he passed and I am currently working with two more folks (locals) that may come to view car next week.

I must say, the gentleman that almost picked up my car last week, I see a potential great friendship to develop--this is what I like about this community, great folks all over! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

So, still is a great deal! Even the gentleman that passed the opportunity agreed, just was not his exact project plan due to the fact that the car is pretty much a stripped racecar, and too much will be needed to be brought back to a daily car/cruiser.

So, anyone with an interest to start racing, this is the right car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
And $20K is the lowest I can go..... not $19.999999999K as I already dropped it from $25K (I just recently put into it $2500 to get it ready to sel with my mechanic!l! since I am not a handy guy like many of you are!!!(but a I think I am a better driver!!)) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Cheers
Felix
951 445 6437
anacfez@outlook.com

I used to know John Chambers who was part owner in Paragon Porsche in Solana Beach, CA (San Diego). 60 ish years old? Haven’t seen him in over 30 years. Wonder if it is the same guy?
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 5 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Gearup @ Jan 4 2019, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 4 2019, 06:56 PM) *

Did this car ever sell?

Cheers
Felix
951 445 6437
anacfez@outlook.com

I used to know John Chambers who was part owner in Paragon Porsche in Solana Beach, CA (San Diego). 60 ish years old? Haven’t seen him in over 30 years. Wonder if it is the same guy?

YES
that is the man!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 14 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #10

OK Folks! UPDATE-- STILL AVAILABLE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

So, I had quite a few folks interested in the car-
Some were outside the country, some across and some local. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Had three offers that unfortunately did not come through not because of the car, just the vision or expectations to bring back the car from a racing set up to normal/more street able version, would cost them a little more than they were expecting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Which emphasizes the comments I made in my sale details, that this will be a great race car for someone looking into getting into autocrosses, TT, DE, or more, vs. a daily driver or a cruiser.

Since I posted I have also tuned the Mechanical MFI (Bosch) and is running even better--basically, we sent it out for calibration and we found that it was tuned to feed a 2.2 to 2.4 engine, and now is tuned to a 2.7. WHAT A DIFFERENCE in response!

I have invested about another $2500 since I posted for sale--THUS, since car is not moving as fast as I thought, I need to raise price back up to $25K.

I had to cash some savings, thus the car still is for sale, but the urgency is gone.

For those members that stopped by and saw the car,
I welcome your feedback[b] and thoughts!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) They all loved it and unfortunately, it will take a bit of work to get many of the missing body parts (to reduce body weight).

Soooooo

ALWAYS for sale, as I am not racing as much as I used to.... maybe I will take it out for a few events while I have it.... but is not my focus anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

As stated before, I much rather meet the person face to face to make sure we are looking at the car together and reviewing car history... and I am glad I did with the above gentlemen.... hence, I look forward to any interested parties that want to stop by to kick the tires and ask all questions! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Cheers
Felix
+Quote Post
flynt
post Jan 15 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #11

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 18,119

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 4 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Hey, I'm that gentleman! Agreed Felix, good meeting you!

I was interested in the car to buy and build into a nice /6 conversion hotrod to sell. I started doing the math, and it didn't make sense financially.. I'd probably end up "paying myself" $10/hr with my time factored in.

That said, I'm selling my 996TT this spring - If Felix still has the car when the turbo sells, I'm buying it and building a driver for myself. In my opinion it's a little too much work to make into a comfortable, spotless street car for the rich guy I'd want to sell to, but I daily drove a loud, rattly, half-caged Datsun 510 on race suspension for 10 years - I can make a real fun street car for myself out of this car very easily!

Good luck with the sale Felix. Talk to you soon.
+Quote Post
Stltri
post Jan 16 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,622

Saw and drove the car this past weekend. Awesome car!! Fast and agile! That 2.7 RS motor roars to life on startup. Too heavy on the accelerator and you will hit your head on the rear window or rollbar. The car is very responsive! Brakes are strong. Spent most of the afternoon with Felix and John Chambers (both had incredible stories). Felix is very honest and upfront with everything. John was very knowledgeable and had no qualms showing off his shop and cars. Felix and I went through all the paperwork in his thick folder. He kept everything!

Mechanically, car is well sorted. I really wanted to buy the car! However, like previous comments, I also wanted to make the car dual purpose, street and track. But car was beyond my abilities to do the former. This car is PERFECT for someone looking for an autox/track car. Even has a tow bar, no need for a trailer.

Too bad I had to work that night, otherwise, I would have invited you both for drinks after. Another time for sure!! Hope to see you both in future events! Good luck with the sale Felix!
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 16 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(flynt @ Jan 15 2019, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Jan 4 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Hey, I'm that gentleman! Agreed Felix, good meeting you!

I was interested in the car to buy and build into a nice /6 conversion hotrod to sell. I started doing the math, and it didn't make sense financially.. I'd probably end up "paying myself" $10/hr with my time factored in.

That said, I'm selling my 996TT this spring - If Felix still has the car when the turbo sells, I'm buying it and building a driver for myself. In my opinion it's a little too much work to make into a comfortable, spotless street car for the rich guy I'd want to sell to, but I daily drove a loud, rattly, half-caged Datsun 510 on race suspension for 10 years - I can make a real fun street car for myself out of this car very easily!

Good luck with the sale Felix. Talk to you soon.

Thank you Matt for the reference and support!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 16 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Stltri @ Jan 16 2019, 08:10 AM) *

Saw and drove the car this past weekend. Awesome car!! Fast and agile! That 2.7 RS motor roars to life on startup. Too heavy on the accelerator and you will hit your head on the rear window or rollbar. The car is very responsive! Brakes are strong. Spent most of the afternoon with Felix and John Chambers (both had incredible stories). Felix is very honest and upfront with everything. John was very knowledgeable and had no qualms showing off his shop and cars. Felix and I went through all the paperwork in his thick folder. He kept everything!

Mechanically, car is well sorted. I really wanted to buy the car! However, like previous comments, I also wanted to make the car dual purpose, street and track. But car was beyond my abilities to do the former. This car is PERFECT for someone looking for an autox/track car. Even has a tow bar, no need for a trailer.

Too bad I had to work that night, otherwise, I would have invited you both for drinks after. Another time for sure!! Hope to see you both in future events! Good luck with the sale Felix!

Fran-
Drinks any time; and let's go for a cruise anytime!
Appreciate the feedback!

We had a blast driving it! glad you loved it!

Felix
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 17 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #15

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

buy the engine ..914 is free..GLWS
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 18 2019, 11:47 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 17 2019, 08:34 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
liebe
post Jan 20 2019, 07:51 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 14,357

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Dec 2 2018, 09:18 PM) *

• Clean and clear title
• Registration is current for street driving, but not a comfortable commuter car!

I purchased the car in 2014 from the original racecar builder and I made the following improvements to the car since it’s purchased:
• Rebuilt transmission
• Rebuilt MFI

Since I purchased the car, the car has not been raced much; less than 10 autocrosses/track events due to other life priorities. Thus, wife has drawn the line…. And happy wife… happy slavery… time to sell and let someone else become the best driver in the world!!!

• Car started as a 1971 914 4 cylinder in very good condition, clean and straight body with no rust (there are minor surface spot in the battery well and some at the front wheel wells)
• Interior completely stripped, dash removed, all window and hardware removed, battery moved to front trunk, 4-point bolt-in cage installed.
• The stock fuel tank is used, but the plastic tubes from the front the engine compartment have been replaced with stainless steel lines
• The car has been extensively modified for the six cylinder installation, particularly the oil plumbing.
• The oil system uses braided lines throughout and a Petersen tank, breather and other hardware.
• There is a thermostatically controlled front oil cooler ducted to the front bumper.
• The motor mount is a Patrick “hinged” 2-point unit bolted directly to the firewall, making engine removal fast and easy.
• Engine spark is provided by an MSD ignition module, MSD coil and Pertronix optical points.
• The engine is a Supertec built 2.7 RS Motor MFI (with the rare and desirable BOSCH Mechanical Fuel Injection).
• The car is rated at 210+ HP using 91 octane pump gas. The case was align-bored, case savers installed, new main/rod/intermediate shaft bearings, dilivar studs, turbo oil pump, solid chain tensioners, magged and polished crank, S cams. The engine has a 1-5/8 headers with a 911 sport muffler.
• The transmission is a standard 5 speed 901 that has been converted to side-shift. It is solid and shifts wells. All shift linkage bushings have been upgraded or replaced; including the firewall bushing which has been replaced with a spherical bearing. The original shift lever is installed, but a short-shift unit is could be bolted if desired. The flywheel is very light, 7.2 lbs for fast revs, and has a Centerforce clutch with about 40% wear.
• The suspension is stock 914 4-lugs, upgraded with Koni adjustable shocks and adjustable coilovers. The rear control arms have Delrin bushings. The brakes have braided lines.
• Two sets of wheels are included: Cheap Rivieras with narrow tires for towing and a set of FUCHS with 205-50/15
• The interior features a custom made racing dash fabricated from aluminum with a large electronic tach, stock oil pressure and temperature gauges and a large oil pressure warning light.
• The pedal cluster has been rebuilt with aluminum pedal and light weight perforated aluminum floorboard
• Not wanting to buy and store a trailer, the car has a custom flat-towing setup up; there are two small receivers that have been bolted to the trunk longitudinals. A towing bar inserts through 2 holes in the bumper and attaches to the receivers. Hook the hitch to your truck, RV, plug in the brake/blinkers cable, and put the car in neutral and go!

NOTE:
Car odometer was removed by builder- I have only used car for less than 10 autocross/track events or so since 2014; hence wife wants it gone! I do not use it as expected! Time for someone else to enjoy car!

Felix sent you a PM
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jan 20 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(liebe @ Jan 20 2019, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Dec 2 2018, 09:18 PM) *

• Clean and clear title

• Rebuilt transmission
• Rebuilt MFI

NOTE:

Felix sent you a PM

Thank you-- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 22 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 17 2019, 08:34 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Feb 18 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

This folks is a No Brainer! I mean you're looking at a fresh track car for probably less than 50c on the dollar and it's turn key....and you can razz it on the street to cars/coffee and watch the paparrazi drool.
I bought Kermee, near identical build to this from Josh seven years ago and have had a blast at DE events & now racing....Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Indy, Daytona, Sebring....not getting any younger & it's time to uncork the bottle and enjoy!
No affiliation, just recognized that with the season opening up soon this is the exact best thing for someone.... YOLO! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:44 AM