Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> looking for advice on front shock insert replacement, brands etc- car is a 75,
DRPHIL914
post Dec 3 2018, 08:02 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

so i realized that my front shock inserts are close to 20 years old according to previous owner records and i didnt replace them when i did my rear suspension upgrade . I have sprt bilistein in rear with stock sway bar and 100# springs, pretty stiff compared to front now and 5 lug fuchs, 205/55-16’s front and rear.
when i did the new front bushings etc and the turbo tierods i did the stock calipers and drilled 5 lug stock rotors from PMB , but left the strut inserts alone, but now 3-4 years later i can see one side is about 1/2” lower tto so before getting into the alignment proceedure i figured its time to get new struts inserts so,
what brand ? and who has the best deal? leaning toward bilisteins too but what is the proper part number? and should they be “sport” to match rear?
i have stock sway bar and will be putting on the new Tarrett drop links i got from group buy at Okteenerfest
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:16 PM