Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to Cap the Brakes Lines for Staging, Seems obvious how to, but not to me
Highland
post Dec 4 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,418
Region Association: Southern California

So I'm at the stage where I'm going to drop the brakes and suspension to change bearings, bushings, calipers, rotors, pads, shocks, springs, etc. I plan to start with the rear then move to the front.

So the car will probably be off its wheels for some time while I'm trying to figure this all out.

I've emptied the brake reservoir with a turkey baster, but of course there's still fluid in the lines. I'm also thinking it would be easier to bleed the lines if there's fluid in them.

My question is where is the best place to disconnect the brake lines (before or after the flex) and what's the best way to cap it so I don't end up with brake fluid on my paint?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mepstein
post Dec 4 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Clamp the flex line closed and remove it at the flex/hard line junction. Put the flex line in a bottle, unclamp and let drain. Replace flex line if you can’t remember the last time it was changed. Flex lines fail when they get old.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 AM