Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Educate me on grounds, before something bad happens
ericoneal
post Dec 5 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,795
Region Association: South East States

In addition to my ignition trouble in my other thread, my starter stopped working as well. I took it out tonight and noticed that the solenoid was loose AND the rubber boot thing with (formerly?) braided wires that connects from a lead to the starter body was broke. No connection anymore between the solenoid and the starter.

Attached Image

Took it off:

Attached Image

I figure this is some sort of ground for the Solenoid? I put the starter motor back on and ran a wire from that lead to the tranmission ground strap, then went to connect the ground wire back on to the battery and it was really sparky. That didnt seem right, so I then went to attach the new wire to the starter body, and KAPOW! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

So whats the purpose of the rubber braided thing from the solenoid to the starter? Should I make a connection somewhere else?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:48 AM