Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ride height and how much should the suspension bounce
Tdskip
post Dec 16 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

In the continuing journey to learn about these I took your coaching from an earlier thread on rear suspensions.

1) I measured my ride height from the doughnuts

Driver front 5.25
Driver rear 5.60

Passenger front 5.25
Passenger rear 5.60

I quite like how she sits so I’m inclined to call this good but am curious how this compares to yours?

2) I tried the fender bounce test and was surprised by what I found. My front shocks have almost zero movement. There is basically zero movement when I try to bounce the driver side front and only a little on the passenger side front. The driver side feels like a rock. Not sure what normal should feel like here...

3) The rear shocks move as I would expect then to, evenly on both sides but look to be the white Monroe (?) ones.

4) the car is a go cart on smooth pavement but is too harsh over bumps and not compliant enough for comfortable road use.

5) is the tie rod angle shown in the picture, basically level, considered correct?

Can you guys take me to school on this all please?
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:56 PM