Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 on Ebay Buyer Beware!
pete000
post Dec 31 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Didn't even finish the project !

Not worth near that asking price.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Jan 1 2019, 01:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

I believe that's the car I inspected here in San Diego / Chula Vista a few years ago when it first appeared. . came with a late silver car as parts at that time. . . I believe the man that had it said he got it as a wreck outta New York at that time. . The picture of the wreck didn't completely show the full extent of the damage when viewed in person. . I personally felt it was not repairable without a lot of frame grafting or a complete frame swap.. . it was more than bent. . it was structurally crumpled. . And even then, it was missing a lot of it's Six specific parts.
As I remember he wanted something around $20k for both cars. . I didn't even consider an offer. . to me it would have been buying just a Vin and title.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Jan 2 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

^^^^^^ Hmmm, I only hear crickets now!
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jan 2 2019, 10:00 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

Mike, no problem with someone posting factual information about a car that might provide further insight to a buyer about a potential purchase. No problem with posting a recollection like Toolguys and stating an opinion.

Totally different from posting a bunch of groundless supposition inferred from a couple of pictures on the net concerning a car that you haven't even seen, especially when that supposition borders on slander of a seller you don't know dick about. That sort of crap does not serve the buyer, the seller or this board.

Chirp Chirp
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Jan 2 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 21,981

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 2 2019, 11:00 AM) *

Mike, no problem with someone posting factual information about a car that might provide further insight to a buyer about a potential purchase. No problem with posting a recollection like Toolguys and stating an opinion.

Totally different from posting a bunch of groundless supposition inferred from a couple of pictures on the net concerning a car that you haven't even seen, especially when that supposition borders on slander of a seller you don't know dick about. That sort of crap does not serve the buyer, the seller or this board.

Chirp Chirp

The listing has been updated to better reflect the car being sold. I’m sure that is a result of one or more of the fine folks on this board looking out for a potential future 914 owner.
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jan 2 2019, 10:53 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jan 2 2019, 11:25 AM) *

The listing has been updated to better reflect the car being sold. I’m sure that is a result of one or more of the fine folks on this board looking out for a potential future 914 owner.

Yep, all good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 2 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #27

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 2 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Chirp Chirp

My point completely. It's one thing to post a question about the origin of a car you may remember was damaged at one point. It's entirely another the post baseless innuendo like this car is crap because you have no clue how to fix it.

I would really lime to see the quality of the repairs. There have been some very damaged and dismembered cars repaired that at one time in their early life would have been considered a total loss purely based on book value.
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Jan 2 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 21,981

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 2 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Chirp Chirp

My point completely. It's one thing to post a question about the origin of a car you may remember was damaged at one point. It's entirely another the post baseless innuendo like this car is crap because you have no clue how to fix it.

I would really lime to see the quality of the repairs. There have been some very damaged and dismembered cars repaired that at one time in their early life would have been considered a total loss purely based on book value.

You just don’t get it. The seller originally didn’t even mention the car had extensive damage. Let’s assume the repairs were perfect. The buyer still deserves to know the car had an entire front grafted on. I have purchased cars that had been totaled and repaired but the seller was up front and I knew what I was buying and paid accordingly. This seller originally didn’t mention the damage. They update the description probably due to this forum. The potential buyer now has the information to make an educated purchase. FYI there was nothing baseless about the fact the car was trashed before it was repaired.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Jan 2 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 2 2019, 08:00 AM) *

Chirp Chirp

Show me where the slander is in any of my posts?

Chirp Chirp!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 2 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #30

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 2 2019, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 2 2019, 08:00 AM) *

Chirp Chirp

Show me where the slander is in any of my posts?

Chirp Chirp!

No where.

I think it is humility they were looking for.

I'ts a good thing to know that this car has been fixed.

The quality of the fix however is unknown... at least on this thread.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 2 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #31

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jan 2 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Chirp Chirp

You just don’t get it. The seller originally didn’t even mention the car had extensive damage. Let’s assume the repairs were perfect. The buyer still deserves to know the car had an entire front grafted on. I have purchased cars that had been totaled and repaired but the seller was up front and I knew what I was buying and paid accordingly. This seller originally didn’t mention the damage. They update the description probably due to this forum. The potential buyer now has the information to make an educated purchase. FYI there was nothing baseless about the fact the car was trashed before it was repaired.

No I did not get that from the first post or the second one. How many "restored cars" sold on eBay disclose what has been done? How do we know if t h e seller even knows what was done? This car could have changed hands a couple times. I'm just saying someone should check the car out and report back to this thread before we flame a guy selling a restored car.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 2 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #32

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Jan 2 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 2 2019, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jan 2 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Chirp Chirp

No I did not get that from the first post or the second one. How many "restored cars" sold on eBay disclose what has been done? How do we know if t h e seller even knows what was done? This car could have changed hands a couple times. I'm just saying someone should check the car out and report back to this thread before we flame a guy selling a restored car.

This! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Who was expecting a showroom new car?
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jan 2 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #34

Mike, never said any of your posts were slanderous. That assumption was your's.

But please read Kaefer (nicely teed up in your opening posts) from the standpoint of the seller. We were basically informed that he was either an idiot or a predator. Pick one of the only two possible choices given. Welcome to the world!

You - not slanderous. But good luck to you in setting the world straight.

Really don't want to start off the new year in a thread that is digressing into a pissing match from which nothing positive is likely to come. So I am out.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 3 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #35

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Why does a guy have to be an idiot for purchasing a car needing assembly after restoration, finishing it up and deciding to sell it.

Predator? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) like I said classic cars that once were totaled purely based on the current market 15 - 20 years ago are now worth the cost of restoration.

I don't get all the drama over the sale of this car. If someone from world in the area that has a real knowledge of these cars and wants to put eyes on the car we will have a fact based report to review.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 3 2019, 07:32 AM
Post #36

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

You folks are both right.

I couldn't say it better myself.... but I'll try. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For this kind of money, the buyer needs to get on a plane, get a PPI, and properly assess to the best of their ability a real value. Some really great and handy 914 people have previously smashed /6s, which I'd have no issue buying once done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) You are buying the seller with these old cars.

On the other side, as a seller, you disclose everything you know. That is, if you know. Otherwise, you are NOT a seller I'd want to interact with either way. Whether this seller is duped or not is irrelevant. Whether you actually did a top notch restoration on this, is only relevant to the degree you disclose it, which is not the case here.

Put yourself in the drivers seat after writing a check for this bad boy, would you want to know? Uh, yeah. Just saying emperor caveat doesn't adequately fill in the blanks.

I remember way back seeing a /6 that had a later car (about half of it) welded on....poorly. It had no story and no description, you couldn't align it, and it was worthless.

I've seen another /6 that had been smashed flared and painted a non stock color I'd LOVE to own. Fully disclosed.

The glue in all of this debate is the TRUTH. There is no substitute. Cheers.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:57 AM