Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Texas Hill Country Rallye, March 21-24
stevend914
post Jan 6 2019, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) Registration for the Texas Hill Country Rallye is on Wed, Jan 9th. The event is for air-cooled 1949 thru 1989 Porsches. Some of the drives are very spirited and some are much less spirited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

http://www.hillcountryrallye.org/home.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 15)
mepstein
post Jan 6 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Some of our 911 clients do the rally. Their cars often need a complete repaint after from the rocks and gravel. But what’s $15k for some fun.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jan 6 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

My old stomping grounds. I lived in Boerne 17 years and saw the cars come through.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jan 7 2019, 09:26 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

My sister lives in Boerne, I was just there. I"ve been thinking of doing this one of these years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jan 7 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #5

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156

The Hill Country is 914 twisty road country. Looks like a well run show going back several years.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 8 2019, 09:39 AM
Post #6

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

That is a beautiful area of Texas. Some wonderful Stone Houses there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jan 9 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #7

bandjoey

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
Registration opens at 7pm tonight. Some of you Austin / Houston / San Antonio people going?
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Jan 10 2019, 03:59 PM
Post #8

Sold out quickly last night, hope to see other 914's there, usually one from Mexico attends. Doesn't seem to be any 914's in Texas?
+Quote Post
MJHanna
post Jan 10 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Member No.: 185

We always go but usually take a 911 as it has air and the wife factor...If she does not go I take a 914. As the fee is the same if you take a car or not I'm trying to get her to drive the 911 so I can take the 914/6.... we will see if it goes over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
PS its based in Kerrville this year as it has been for several years.
+Quote Post
mark04usa
post Jan 10 2019, 10:17 PM
Post #10

'70 1.7 Tangerine

Member No.: 10,805

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 10 2019, 03:59 PM) *

Sold out quickly last night, hope to see other 914's there, usually one from Mexico attends. Doesn't seem to be any 914's in Texas?

Checked the website with posted photos. Not one 914 in any of them This is likely not a group interested in 914's.
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jan 10 2019, 11:22 PM
Post #11

bandjoey

One of the organizers has a 914 and 912. It’s 150 air cooled cars and a handful of 914s.
And it’s not a 15 hour drive to have some fun.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jb57tub
post Jan 11 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #12

jb57tub

Member No.: 22,790

I have driven in this event twice. Missed it last year, but already signed up for it this year. there were several 914s both years I was there, One of my friends drove his 914 all the way from Michigan. There is a group that comes from Mexico that brought 2 914s, the Bumble Bee pictured above comes from Corpus Christi, belongs to Jason, owner of Paragon Products, after market and original Porsche parts. It is a great event and is in it's 17th official year. Only air cooled Porsches are allowed to participate on the drives. I will be in my 71 911 this year, if I can get it back from Arizona in time. Jon
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Jan 11 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(jb57tub @ Jan 11 2019, 10:10 AM) *

I have driven in this event twice. Missed it last year, but already signed up for it this year. there were several 914s both years I was there, One of my friends drove his 914 all the way from Michigan. There is a group that comes from Mexico that brought 2 914s, the Bumble Bee pictured above comes from Corpus Christi, belongs to Jason, owner of Paragon Products, after market and original Porsche parts. It is a great event and is in it's 17th official year. Only air cooled Porsches are allowed to participate on the drives. I will be in my 71 911 this year, if I can get it back from Arizona in time. Jon

Jon, Do you know Dave McIntosh, he gets his Porsches serviced by Peter at CarCzar?
+Quote Post
jb57tub
post Jan 11 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #14

jb57tub

Steve, absolutely, you and Dave let me hang with you guys when I was there. Drove back to Corpus with you guys. Are you go to make it this year? I had the Carrera with the big wing on it. Haven't seen Dave for quite a while, but saw his 912 down at Peters shop a couple of weeks ago. I cant drive this year as I have had 3 brain surgerys in the past 6 months, but am doing well, and hope to have someone drive my 911. Have to get it back from Arizona where my Dad has been keeping it. He can't drive any more, but he loves to go out and polish on it. Hope to see you there, just have to watch out for the bull on the road! He almost got you ! Jon
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Jan 11 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(jb57tub @ Jan 11 2019, 03:30 PM) *

Steve, absolutely, you and Dave let me hang with you guys when I was there. Drove back to Corpus with you guys. Are you go to make it this year? I had the Carrera with the big wing on it. Haven't seen Dave for quite a while, but saw his 912 down at Peters shop a couple of weeks ago. I cant drive this year as I have had 3 brain surgerys in the past 6 months, but am doing well, and hope to have someone drive my 911. Have to get it back from Arizona where my Dad has been keeping it. He can't drive any more, but he loves to go out and polish on it. Hope to see you there, just have to watch out for the bull on the road! He almost got you ! Jon

I still have that picture of him jumping that fence!! The year before that I had a near collision with a horse . Dave and I are both registered for this year, Dave's not sure if the wife will join him this year. See you in March (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
jb57tub
post Jan 12 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #16

jb57tub

Looking forward to seeing you again. I think Jason will be driving me around this year. By the way, I sold the Carrera and we will be bringing my tired old 71E. Just looking forward to seeing good friends! Jon
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM