Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Price check on original 1970 914-6 GT
Gunther
post Jan 11 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #41

Racer from birth

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,429
Region Association: South East States

Holly crap I can't believe it, My SOB cousin efed me over. I just got a call from a friend who asked me what was going on with my post on 914 world. Apparently someone (my cousin I found out) got on my computer last night and opened up an account and wrote what he thought would help sell the 914. Yea thanks for nothing cous. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) I am so mad right now I could strangle him. In just one night he has made me lose all credibility, that has taken me so long to build up. I can't believe he did this. I need to apologize to the 914 community. I am so very sorry. Now my cousin needs to apologize too. Better yet he needs to be removed from this site. I am so angry right now I need to cool off. I'll sign back in later tonight and fill you in on the details later. Again I can't tell you how sorry I am about this. I hope you understand and can forgive me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
Gunther
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914time
post Jan 11 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 17,750
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 11 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #43

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Gunther @ Jan 11 2019, 05:45 PM) *

Holly crap I can't believe it, My SOB cousin efed me over. I just got a call from a friend who asked me what was going on with my post on 914 world. Apparently someone (my cousin I found out) got on my computer last night and opened up an account and wrote what he thought would help sell the 914. Yea thanks for nothing cous. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) I am so mad right now I could strangle him. In just one night he has made me lose all credibility, that has taken me so long to build up. I can't believe he did this. I need to apologize to the 914 community. I am so very sorry. Now my cousin needs to apologize too. Better yet he needs to be removed from this site. I am so angry right now I need to cool off. I'll sign back in later tonight and fill you in on the details later. Again I can't tell you how sorry I am about this. I hope you understand and can forgive me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
Gunther

Do you work for John Forbes? Is it your car or Johns?
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Jan 11 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(914time @ Jan 11 2019, 05:49 PM) *

Indeed.
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Jan 11 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Gunther @ Jan 11 2019, 02:45 PM) *

Gunther

Umm... Which post, because the original FS post came from this account, and not a different "opened up account". Are you saying cous used YOUR account? Not trying to dog pile. Just understand.

- MR
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #46

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jan 11 2019, 06:00 PM) *
Umm... Which post, because the original FS post came from this account, and not a different "opened up account". Are you saying cous used YOUR account? Not trying to dog pile. Just understand.

@mountainroads

"Gunther" = Original poster, member since June 2009

"Mr.914-6GT" = "cousin", member since yesterday

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
mountainroads
post Jan 11 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 14,145
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 11 2019, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jan 11 2019, 06:00 PM) *

@mountainroads

"Gunther" = Original poster, member since June 2009

"Mr.914-6GT" = "cousin", member since yesterday

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Ah. Gracias and thanks for clarification. Maybe I'm missing something, because I thought "Mr.914-6GT" made some legitimate points. Unsolicited perhaps, but I didn't think totally off-base or poisoning the well as it were, unless disputing the "original 1970 914-6 GT" claim, which is questionable. That said, unsolicited meddling is definitely uncalled for.

- MR

- MR
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 12 2019, 08:24 AM
Post #48

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 9 2019, 10:41 PM) *

Excellent candidate to convert to 904 kit car.

Damn, I just spit out my Coffee! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
john forbes
post Jan 12 2019, 09:38 AM
Post #49

Black Forest Racing, John Forbes

Member No.: 11,655

Hi everyone John Forbes here. I am the owner of the black 914-6. I asked my friend Gunther to help me find out the value of the race car. I am so swamped at work and I need to get 4 engines built in the next 4 weeks and I have no time to sit on the phone all day answering questions. The 914 market has been going crazy lately and sometimes its hard to keep up with the current market since it is in such constant change. This is a real nice race car. It has some rare parts, like a factory 10 grand tach and a factory 200 mph speedo.

Gunther is a real good guy and a good friend. Please don't condemn him for the stupidity of his cousins actions even though his cousin meant well. Gunther isn't one to get angry easily but when he found out what his cousin did, he was livid. Gunther doesn't work for me on a daily basis, but he has done some great work for me. He is an awesome machinist and fabricator and is a great race car builder. If you ever get the chance to see his personal race car its real nice with a lot great details. So again please don't condemn him for the stupidity of his cousins actions.

We know that pricing this car is difficult and subjective and we appreciate everyone's input. We can build an engine for the buyer of this car if they're willing to wait for a couple of months.

Sorry for any confusion there may have been. If you do have any questions please direct them to Gunther. I am in contact with him on a daily basis and he should be able to get back to you in reasonable time.

Thank you for your understanding.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 12 2019, 09:52 AM
Post #50

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

"...most of the cost is in labor and paint". Commonly referred to as a 'paint job' in some circles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
larryM
post Jan 12 2019, 02:30 PM
Post #51

emoze

Member No.: 65
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(john forbes @ Jan 12 2019, 07:38 AM) *

Hi everyone John Forbes here. I am the owner of the black 914-6. .

We know that pricing this car is difficult and subjective and we appreciate everyone's input.

check these for current market research

https://www.pca.org/node/331900 $79K - now $82.5K

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/326284 - $46K

in the current issue - John Straub's 9140432153 race car - $135K

fwiw - you can own my car for $85K cash in small deposit amounts, http://www.pbase.com/emoze/914_6_gt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Jan 12 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #52

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

John Straub's 9140432153 race car - $135K

nice GT ,,dont know the history tho..has lots of GT parts..
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/dealer_9146gt_...153_john_straub

Johns a great guy. I have seen him run many times...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 AM