Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914/6 GT Cibie Iode 45 Spotlight mounts, what did the brackets look like?
Retroracer
post Jan 10 2019, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Attached Image

So am toying with the idea of duplicating the Nurburging GT's "outboard" mounted Iode 45 look as a winter fabrication project. I have a set of vintage 45's from France in my parts stash.

I know the the inboard spots are modified Cibie Pallas hood lights - but after scouring Armando's most excellent Pbase sight, I could find no photos of what the actual complete bracket looks like for the outboard mounts. I'm guessing these tie in with the bolts that mount the fiberglass bumper to the shell - and obviously I can see the reinforced 90deg drop where the spot mounts to the bracket - but I really want to see the details hidden by the bumper.

Anyone have any data on this? I can go ahead and guess what was done, and throw something together that works, but I'd rather duplicate what the factory did.

Looking to the GT gurus out there to enlighten me....?

- Tony

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:53 PM