Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 sunflower yellow 914 2.0 150,000 original miles, everyone gets taken now and then
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 18 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

Here is what I originally posted: 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 the one everyone wants, 50,000 original miles
Everyone wants the 73 2.0 because it had the highest horsepower engine along with all of the factory options: center console with gauges, front and rear sway bars, leather wheel dual horns, chrome bumpers, Fuchs alloy wheels, and this one even has a rear window defroster and Blaupunkt cassette. One owner, all records, original window sticker and tool kit, spent its whole life in Washington State until recently being acquired by us. Never damaged one repaint for some reason. This car has been sitting since 1993 so will be fully serviced by our award winning shop before delivery. You can take it from there. $15,000 (will be more if we finish the car before having a deal on it)

George Hussey President
Automobile atlanta Inc.

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=682
727]

here is what I found out: George, I’m terribly chagrinned at these developments. Since the car had been sitting for 30 years and the good condition of the upholstery and the clutch and brake pedal rubbers I figured the mileage was correct. But then, I’m a novice at the nuances of used cars. I hope there are no other surprises and that a profit can be made on your behalf. Bob

Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:52 PM
To: Bob Forman
Cc: Mia Dejonckheere
Subject: Yellow 914

Hi Bob, just thought that I would give you some feedback on the car:
You said: Looking for advice. A friend of a friend inherited this 2.0 from his mother 15 years ago and the car hasn't run since he parked it in his garage. He attempted to get it running but has suffered serious health problems and doesn't have the wherewithal to complete it. The car has 50,000 original miles. All the parts are there including a new gas tank to replace the original that was leaking. The interior is excellent. The hell-hole, while covered in dust and dirt seems solid. I don't see any rust around the usual places. The vinyl is pealing up from the lower part of the sails but that's about as bad as it gets. He has many receipts for work done on it as well as a clear title in his name. His mom was the second owner. FWIW, the original owner was an MD. The car even has the original tool kit. I would buy the car but my garage has 3 Porsches and a Lexus coupe. So the owner has asked me to figure out what a legitimate price is and, perhaps, a new owner who will do the car justice and not just try to flip it. Suggestions?

Well the car has 150, 000 plus miles on it, and has been totally repainted with overspray. Have not put it on the rack yet, but there is a big rat hole behind the passenger seat where the rodent ate through the back pad, so not so great after all. Please do not get me wrong, I am not complaining because I am the one who bought it sight unseen, but thought at least that the miles would be correct, but just an old worn 914 this one., Will have to recondition it and sell it, no where good enough for me to keep! Such is life. Cost 1400 to get it here
George Hussey President
Automobile atlanta Inc.

Still a good car and being sold to a guy who knows exactly what the car is now

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liebe
post Jan 18 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,357

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2019, 05:40 PM) *

1973 Porsche 914 2.0 the one everyone wants, 50,000 original miles
Everyone wants the 73 2.0 because it had the highest horsepower engine along with all of the factory options: center console with gauges, front and rear sway bars, leather wheel dual horns, chrome bumpers, Fuchs alloy wheels, and this one even has a rear window defroster and Blaupunkt cassette. One owner, all records, original window sticker and tool kit, spent its whole life in Washington State until recently being acquired by us. Never damaged one repaint for some reason. This car has been sitting since 1993 so will be fully serviced by our award winning shop before delivery. You can take it from there. $15,000 (will be more if we finish the car before having a deal on it)

George Hussey President
Automobile atlanta Inc.

Let me ask a questions, since i am me, confused. Its 15k where it sits ? Washinton ? or Atlanta?
Or 15k having your award sining shop gone thru.?

thanks
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 18 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

now in Atlanta just paid 1400 for covered transport, we will run it through the shop soon, so the new owner can feel confident that it will be a reliable car to drive anywhere.
I was going to keep this car for myself, as the owner said that it had totally original paint, but it does not, it has been repainted. Paint is good, but I was expecting perfection

QUOTE(liebe @ Jan 18 2019, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2019, 05:40 PM) *

1973 Porsche 914 2.0 the one everyone wants, 50,000 original miles

George Hussey President
Automobile atlanta Inc.

Let me ask a questions, since i am me, confused. Its 15k where it sits ? Washinton ? or Atlanta?
Or 15k having your award sining shop gone thru.?

thanks
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jan 18 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

We’re going to need to see pictures of the hell hole and normal rust areas....
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Jan 18 2019, 01:43 PM
Post #5

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629

Wow, this should sell fast. I'm even sitting here trying to convince myself I can live with yellow. If it were blue, green, or orange I'd be on the phone right now.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 18 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Interesting the car made it out if WA. They tend not to.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 18 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

We are starting on it tomorrow the 19th. With 50 thousand and stored all of this time it BETTER be good in the battery area!
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Jan 18 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #8

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jan 18 2019, 03:43 PM) *

Wow, this should sell fast. I'm even sitting here trying to convince myself I can live with yellow. If it were blue, green, or orange I'd be on the phone right now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rjames
post Jan 18 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #9

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2019, 12:01 PM) *

We are starting on it tomorrow the 19th. With 50 thousand and stored all of this time it BETTER be good in the battery area!

How sure are you that it only has 50k miles and not 150k?
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Jan 18 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #10

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 18 2019, 04:29 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Could be why it needed the repaint.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 18 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

one owner, all service records with miles shown, almost perfect interior, bright instrument needles, neat original engine compartment, all of the usual signs and documentation
more pictures coming

QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 18 2019, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 18 2019, 04:29 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Could be why it needed the repaint.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 18 2019, 06:22 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,094

Wow, this seems like a smoking deal !

Hummmm, Should I buy another yellow 914 !!!
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 19 2019, 03:57 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

This car was described to me as "incredible" by a friend of the owner, this was about a month ago. Maybe I should have bought it....
+Quote Post
Lobaeux4
post Jan 19 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #14

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 22,699
Region Association: Southwest Region

I’ve only saved $10K so far! Aaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 21 2019, 05:03 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

paperwork:
Attached Image
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 21 2019, 05:07 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

more shots showing the spare the tool kit, the colored vacuum lines and the underneath complete with cobwebs and the original battery trayAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid
=683009]

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drifter914
post Jan 22 2019, 07:59 AM
Post #17

drifter914

Member No.: 15,863
Region Association: Southwest Region

YUCK !
+Quote Post
Towarish
post Jan 22 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 8,699

15K for a 50thousand miles 914 does not necessarily mean to be a good deal.
I don´t know any owner, who would sell under value.
I myself have a ´73 ,2.0 L with 50thousand km (31.mls), but would never sell for less than 40K !!!

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jan 18 2019, 11:43 AM) *

Attached Image
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Jan 22 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #19

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629

QUOTE(Towarish @ Jan 22 2019, 03:33 PM) *

15K for a 50thousand miles 914 does not necessarily mean to be a good deal.
I don´t know any owner, who would sell under value.
I myself have a ´73 ,2.0 L with 50thousand km (31.mls), but would never sell for less than 40K !!!

Not trying to argue, because I don't have a dog in this fight, but you're kind of comparing apples and oranges. A car that's been sitting unused for 26 years will need everything gone through that you'd expect, and then probably a few things dealt with that you don't expect. Quite different condition than the looks of your car based on your photo, and we all know condition is $$$. And you're also in Germany, where they're quite a bit more expensive to begin with anyway. The average 2.0 914-4 doesn't sell for 40k here in the US, that would take an overwhelmingly exceptional car to bring that kind of money. Isn't that why you guys are buying up all of our cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jbe
post Jan 24 2019, 01:30 AM
Post #20

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 21,930
Region Association: Germany

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jan 23 2019, 02:19 AM) *

The average 2.0 914-4 doesn't sell for 40k here in the US, that would take an overwhelmingly exceptional car to bring that kind of money. Isn't that why you guys are buying up all of our cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Just my 5 cents on that: The average 914 here does not sell for 40k as well, it would need an exceptional car! Regarding the motivation of buying a car "over there" (means US for us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) many times isn't price. Prices here in EU are mostly higher than compared to the US, but you would have to take in account that you need the car in the country you live in. So need to ship it, insure the shipping, tax and customs should be considered. Then you have different technical requirements to get a US car on the streets here. You need to change at least headlights, mostly tires, speedometer etc. Then you may find additional parts not released that you will have to swap. Not forgetting the paperwork. So at the end you add substancial $$ to the US price. Now why would we "still buy all of your cars"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) The reason is simple: The bodies you find in the US have the chance to be in much better condition than over here! No daily driver of the 60's or 70's in Germany has survived w/o substancial bodywork if survived at all.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:11 AM