Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 project identity crisis!, not sure what to do
Bob Wolcott
post Jun 21 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,096

I began this restoration project in '97 and it has spent the last several years in storage. I began with a factory six and some of the following things have been done...

Steel flares added (factory)
Body dipped and de-rusted
2.7 liter motor built to RS specs w/ MFI
7 & 8" x 16" fuchs
New konis
leather interior (factory look)
brake upgrades
blah blah blah...

I know if I ever get this thing done it will have a reasonable amount of value and it will somewhat justify the pile of cash that has been dumped into it. However, lately I have been getting the urge to do some more agressive modifications like a roll cage, performance seats, and so on... How adversely would this impact the final value of the car? I am not doing this for the money of course, but it makes it much easier when the investment carries forward some residual value. I'm sure that someday I will get a hankering to do another restoration project and this would most likely provide the seed money. Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm really not in tune with the 914 market so I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks,
Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:19 PM