Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Car for sale or may part out
shoguneagle
post Feb 1 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #1

shoguneagle

Group: Members
Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

Gentlemen,
My days with the 914 are coming to a close. Rather than wait for sometime in the future, I have decided to sell or part out my 914 project which I have for the last ten plus years. This is one of those projects which started with a rolling chassis and ended up years later having over spend on a great and enjoyable project.

I would like to sell the car as a whole project. I will be willing to consider parting out after six weeks from time of sale offering. I am asking $17,000 for the car in its entirety. Here are parts listing although not entirely conclusive.

Cup II 911 17inch rims in front with spacers and BF Goodrich, 7"
rims in rear with spacers and BF Goodrich, 9"
Complete 911 Carrera 1987? front suspension with complete Carrera brakes, rotors,
stainless steel braided brake hoses, 19mm 911 torsion bar,
21or22mm sway bar (after market Weltmeister), lower sway
assemblies mounted in Elephant Racing Bronze carriers with zero
fittings, 911 steering rack with new end assemblies (forgot the name),
Rear Suspension is composite of 914 trailing arms, 911 Carrera brakes, 911 e-brake with
modifications to 914 cables and e-brake handle, new wheel bearings,
914 rear sway bar, etc.
Complete set 911 gauges including spare tach needing rebuild (1987). The other gauges dates are unknown but all are functioning; Fuel quantity, oil quantity, oil pressure, oil temperature(?), etc.

Engine is a 1987 Carrera 3.2block having approximately 145,000 miles on it. Compression readings were taken some time age where 3 cylinders zero, 2 at one percent, and 1 at 3% leak down. I have the compression ratios some where and will see if I can find them. Engine was purchased over 10 years ago from Part Heaven in San Leandro/Hayward area, California. Engine is still in the car and running so one can see it at work. Working on the hydraulic clutch completion; transaxle was rebuilt by Doc Evil having the gears of A, F, O, X, flipped H.

Other items include two engine deck lids: one 916-GT and the other 914. There is a rain tray available. Seats with rails and seat belts are there; certain after market switches, gauges, fuel ratio, etc are also available.

There are probably other 911 and 914 parts available but not liste (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) d. What was a labor of love has become very hard to work on since I achieved the ripe old age of being over seventeen. In essence, my time has come to pass everything onto others. I will still stay with this website but it will be with a later model Porsche which I can drive and have others take of its problems.

That is everything in a nutshell. Thanks to everyone who helped me gather the parts I needed after we were robbed in Barstow, CA while moving to Oregon.

I will get some picture and have them available for interested parties and eventually posting he.

Steve
shoguneagle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 5 2019, 03:35 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Dang Steve hate to see you let it go but sure understand. Get some pictures posted. Price is pretty damn reasonable. If I had the extra coin I'd sure consider it. Best of luck with the sale. Mentioned it to a friend who might be in the market.
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Feb 6 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

Was it being built towards being a track car or street?
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 6 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #4

shoguneagle

Thanks JR. although I am selling the car I will still be involved with Porsche. I am looking to buy a later Porsche like a Boxster with IMS and RMS repairs already done. It is hard to get up and down since I had my knee replaced and the Sciatic nerve has moved from small of my back to my left knee. I have some damage to the spinal where the Sciatic nerve comes out. Ah, old age and military injury, so enjoyable!!

Right now I am trying to get the pictures from my Apple MacBookPro and my iPhone in a form I can transmit to individual interested parties as well as attach to the 914world thread. I think I am getting beyond my knowledge base. Need some advice on this; hate to ask but I need some help.

The car was originally being built as a 916-GT but some years ago while moving from Flagstaff to Grants Pass, OR the car was stolen. I did build it later strictly for the street although there are some stress points on the body as well as some suspension parts left over from the 914-GT. I have started to go into the car to straighten out items I did not do during the construction/conversion build.

The car runs, licensed, insured, and on the street. I need to get some items done. The exhaust is already set up on both sides (dual exhausts) for temperature probes, fuel ratio; wanted to add CHT to each bank at #3 and #5 (mid bank) spark plugs.

Now back to figure out how get the pictures to interested parties and the 914world Board. Have not done this in years, how fleeting it is from having some past knowledge and suddenly finding out you do not really know how to set up the transfer. Ok, let us get it done.

Steve Hurt
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 12:50 AM
Post #5

shoguneagle

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) . Photos, hope these are good enough; have more but had trouble getting these on the thread. Need a Beer!!
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Feb 7 2019, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Sad to see you part with it!! I know how much work and $$$ you have into this...

If I had the means this would buy it!!

Sorry I can't help with the apple pictures... That's all beyond my expertise..
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #7

shoguneagle

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) . Photos, hope these are good enough; have more but had trouble getting these on the thread. Need a Beer!! I have found I need to downsize the picture sizes. I HAVE MORE BUT THIS IS LIMITING
ME TO ATTACH PHOTOS, ONLY TWO! Where is the second beer?
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 01:00 AM
Post #8

shoguneagle

Leave it to me to come up with the same two pictures. O'Boy!!
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 01:03 AM
Post #9

shoguneagle

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) . Photos, hope these are good enough; have more but had trouble getting these on the thread. Need a Beer!! I have found I need to downsize the picture sizes. I HAVE MORE BUT THIS IS LIMITING
ME TO ATTACH PHOTOS, ONLY TWO! Where is the second beer?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #10

shoguneagle

I am tired; good night; later 'Gators
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Feb 7 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #11

Spooling.... Please wait

Don't edit your posts. Make new posts with the pics. Also if you have a way of resizing them do so to about 1/4 the size. Then you can add more pics to your post.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Feb 7 2019, 01:38 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

email all the pictures to your own email and after you click send, there should be a question what size you want. Then check your email inbox for that message and save all those pics to your phone. Those pictures will be smaller resolution. You can attach more pics to your sale ad.
Or if you want, email the pictures to me and I will add them to your thread.
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Feb 7 2019, 01:44 AM
Post #13

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125

To be clear the car is in Oregon? Your signature says 3 states (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The car currently is a stock mechanical clutch right now?

Seems like a good price.
+Quote Post
johnvan8
post Feb 7 2019, 11:43 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 18,044
Region Association: None

Hi Steve, tried to send you a pm but not sure you got it. I'm interested.
Please call me (949)500-4303
John
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 01:07 PM
Post #15

shoguneagle

Few items to make sure everyone is on the same wavelength. The clutch is currently a hydraulic one with the clutch tube holding the te-3 stainless steel brake line from master cylinder to slave cylinder. The tube still intact but it may have to be repaired since it can easily be converted back to cable. May have the parts if I have not given them away.

Car is located in New Mexico; I have interests in each of the three states and do visit each every year or so. Actual transport of the car is not a problem; a personal inspection/third party inspection could be a problem to a potential buyer because of the distance.

I prefer the car to be sold in it's entirety; before anyone purchases it I will make sure the car is understood completely. Price and majority of improvements listed in message bodies.

Have sent two pictures but they are oversized which restricts the number of them I can send and attach; working on this.

Car is complete about 90+ with hydraulic clutch which can easily converted back to the cable type with the proper parts. May have them if I did not give them away.

I will take the suggestions made by Andrew and ndfriger.

John, I will be getting with you as well as others who sent requests via messages. right now my hands are kinda full this the thread and other things going on. Please bear with me for a while.

Mathepcat, please see the comments above regarding location and clutch type.
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 7 2019, 01:37 PM
Post #16

shoguneagle

Here is an attempt to get more pictures by downsizing

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Feb 7 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #17

Spooling.... Please wait

That is one good looking car Steve!!!
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Feb 12 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #18

shoguneagle

I have been having trouble getting photos on the individual requests as well as on this thread. I hope I now have everyone covered. Please let me know if I have missed anyone. Thanks

Steve
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Feb 12 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

What a great opportunity for someone to finish a great looking GT tribute! GLWTS!
+Quote Post
ric birks
post Feb 13 2019, 11:50 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,864
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Sent a pm and an email but haven't heard anything back. What year is this car? Thanks, Ric in Utah. Feel free to give me a call at 385-216-5715 Im very interested.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:54 AM