Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wide steel wheels, 4 x 130
KevinW
post Feb 10 2019, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,761
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I came across a company in California that sells 7” wide steel wheels in 4 x 130. What is the correct offset/backspace for a narrow body 914? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

I see 4.75”-5.00” is the correct backspace with a 7” or 8” rim.
Is 35mm the correct offset?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914forme
post Feb 10 2019, 10:04 PM
Post #2

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) that is how it was done back in the day. You can stuff 7s in, old school guys used Chevy barrels and 914/vw centers.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Mark, I thought I was the only one that would weld a tractor rim.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 11 2019, 08:45 AM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 10 2019, 11:04 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) that is how it was done back in the day. You can stuff 7s in, old school guys used Chevy barrels and 914/vw centers.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Mark, I thought I was the only one that would weld a tractor rim.

I had no choice my old Fiat 640 (white 2-60) FWD tractor the front rims were shot, and you couldn't buy new, as they didn't make a lot of 4x4 in that model. Hardest or I should say most time intensive job was grinding out the old welds. The old centers fit the new barrels perfect and I just lined it up with a straight edge and a combination square.

With a car rim I likely would have set up more accurate measuring with a dial indicator, but that said at top gear (25+mph?) they run perfectly true.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:34 AM