Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did I pass on a legit 914-6, Right Seat was adjustable
ClayPerrine
post Sep 27 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #21

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 21 2019, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(TonyA @ Feb 21 2019, 03:41 PM) *

I thought that they stopped manufacturing the 6 in 1970-71? Am i wrong on this?

They made some in 72 but I don’t that any came into the US.

The 914-6 continued in production in 72. The chassis came from the /4 line. The steering column and key location were the same as a 72 four cylinder. The chassis wiring harness was from a /4 also. The wiper motor and windshield washer was the same as a /4. There was a short adapter plug made to connect the /4 harness to the /6 relay board. But they got a real Porsche VIN starting with 914. None were imported to the USA. If there is a 72 /6 here, it was a grey market car.

So basically, the 72 /6 was a six conversion that was done and blessed by Porsche.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 28 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #22

Resident German

Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 27 2019, 11:28 AM) *
The 75 listed in the production list on this site has never been confirmed to exist. There is only the one picture of it, and that is from a long way away. Rumor states it is a real six, with a real six VIN, assembled for some muckety muck at the factory. Built in 75 by the factory with 914-6 parts from the replacement parts bins.
No one has been able to confirm or deny its existence, like the Men in Black.

Not true, there's some info about it in DGVWPB ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 2 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 28 2019, 04:21 PM) *

The 75 listed in the production list on this site has never been confirmed to exist. There is only the one picture of it, and that is from a long way away. Rumor states it is a real six, with a real six VIN, assembled for some muckety muck at the factory. Built in 75 by the factory with 914-6 parts from the replacement parts bins.

What is "DGVWPB"???
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Dec 2 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #24

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 2 2019, 09:28 AM) *

What is "DGVWPB"???

https://www.ebay.de/itm/DAS-GROSSE-VW-PORSC...RcAAOSwPqtdKvsL
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 11 2019, 03:37 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Dec 2 2019, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 2 2019, 09:28 AM) *

What is "DGVWPB"???

https://www.ebay.de/itm/DAS-GROSSE-VW-PORSC...RcAAOSwPqtdKvsL

Ah.. thanks for cluing me in.
+Quote Post
ctc911ctc
post Jan 15 2020, 09:40 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

In re-reading this I wanted to add that the 914-6 was at Beverly Hills Auto Club - which is a pretty interesting place to visit (though it is in East LA, not Beverly Hills). I was there a few weeks ago and there were some interesting cars.

Most interesting was a 300SL Gullwing BURNDOWN. About a foot tall, completely rust-covered - asking $1M - seriously. Also, they have an ALL ORIGINAL '57 speedster asking 217K.

The sales rep knew NOTHING about the Silver 914-6 or 914s in general. I only knew that 914-6 seats did not move so I passed - the car was rough but had very little rust (CA car).

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Feb 20 2019, 11:13 AM) *

All,

I just had a revelation - though I know that there were dwindling sales (supply) of 914-6 's in 71 and 72, I got it stuck in my head that the passenger seat was not adjustable in all years of 914-6 cars.

A few years ago I saw a silver 914-6, good price, ignition on the left with an updated engine. Did not go so far as to compare the serial numbers since the right seat was adjustable I assumed that the car had been modified from a 4 to a 6. Though that moving the ignition was excessive at the time....hhhmmm.... needless to say I passed on the car.

Today (for reasons that I cannot explain) I realized that I may have passed on a pretty good bargain.....

Question: Did the seat move on the '71-'72 914-6 cars?

Many thanks in advance,

CTC911CTC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 15 2020, 09:45 AM
Post #27

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Jan 15 2020, 10:40 AM) *

In re-reading this I wanted to add that the 914-6 was at Beverly Hills Auto Club - which is a pretty interesting place to visit (though it is in East LA, not Beverly Hills). I was there a few weeks ago and there were some interesting cars.

Most interesting was a 300SL Gullwing BURNDOWN. About a foot tall, completely rust-covered - asking $1M - seriously. Also, they have an ALL ORIGINAL '57 speedster asking 217K.

The sales rep knew NOTHING about the Silver 914-6 or 914s in general. I only knew that 914-6 seats did not move so I passed - the car was rough but had very little rust (CA car).

All,

I just had a revelation - though I know that there were dwindling sales (supply) of 914-6 's in 71 and 72, I got it stuck in my head that the passenger seat was not adjustable in all years of 914-6 cars.

A few years ago I saw a silver 914-6, good price, ignition on the left with an updated engine. Did not go so far as to compare the serial numbers since the right seat was adjustable I assumed that the car had been modified from a 4 to a 6. Though that moving the ignition was excessive at the time....hhhmmm.... needless to say I passed on the car.

Today (for reasons that I cannot explain) I realized that I may have passed on a pretty good bargain.....

Many thanks in advance,

I would say it was a smart move passing on anything that BHCC was selling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 15 2020, 06:44 PM
Post #28

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2020, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Jan 15 2020, 10:40 AM) *

All,

Many thanks in advance,

I would say it was a smart move passing on anything that BHCC was selling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I would agree about "Beverly Hills Car Crooks"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

IIRC the few 1972 914-6's (340 IIRC) would've had the adjustable passenger seat, dash side vents, & other 1972 MY improvements too, but ask Dave P or one of the 914-6 Guru's.

There have also been a couple recent 72 -6's to appear in sales & shows that you can google for & look at to see if any of them had fixed or moveable passenger seats.

If not, then they were just finishing out the 1972 run (Aug 71 - July 72) with older 71 bodies & interiors, parts, etc. - which would not surprise me.

Either way - it's water long under the bridge, & no reason to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) yourself over it now.

Good luck on your quest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 AM