Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ravenna Green 74 2.0 w/ 17k miles sold for $80k
Cal
post Mar 18 2019, 10:57 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 12:13 PM) *

I don't consider it a Faberge egg. It will definitely be driven. But maybe North Carolina is a little bit of a reach...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Fred, you should consider attending the All Aircooled Gathering this coming September in Flanders, NJ. It's only 3 1/2 hours from you in Providence, RI. Here's link to the event....the 914 is the featured car of the show.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335024

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Mar 18 2019, 11:04 AM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 08:31 AM) *

Hello everybody. I'm the guy who bought the Delphi green car at the Gooding auction, and I've just signed up here. I had a 914 way back when I had hair, and couldn't resist this little beauty. I can't find any of the blemishes a previous poster mentioned -- to my old eyes this car looks just like it rolled off the line. Not that it's perfect. I can't get the front hood to open (oops); the headlights don't seem to pop up; the turn signals are intermittent; yadda yadda. Needless to say, I've been pouring through some of the threads here looking for tips! Thanks, in advance, for your help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Fred

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) If you were referring to my comment about the engine tin, that was a joke more making fun of myself for doing what has become a similar over the top resto on my own car.

I love Delphi Green. My second 914 was a 73 that was originally Delphi but had been resprayed (poorly) to Bahia Red. The trunks were still Delphi and I thought it was just about the ugliest color I had seen. Boy was I wrong! I just needed to see the whole car in Delphi. Nice ride you have there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
RichPugh
post Mar 18 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,068
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Hello everybody. I'm the guy who bought the Delphi green car at the Gooding auction, and I've just signed up here. I had a 914 way back when I had hair, and couldn't resist this little beauty. I can't find any of the blemishes a previous poster mentioned -- to my old eyes this car looks just like it rolled off the line. Not that it's perfect. I can't get the front hood to open (oops); the headlights don't seem to pop up; the turn signals are intermittent; yadda yadda. Needless to say, I've been pouring through some of the threads here looking for tips! Thanks, in advance, for your help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Fred

Welcome, Fred!

Congrats on your purchase. The car is fantastic. I didn't mean to take anything away from it. My 914 and 993 have re-sprays that pale in comparison... but, for the sake of mentioning, I was there staring it down inch by inch for about 30 minutes, LOL. Take a look at the paint finish on the bottom area of the drivers side A-Pillar... it is flat and inconsistent with the rest of the pillar. Then take a look at the drivers door jamb up where the body rolls into the B-pillar, there was a noticeable tape line there inside he door jamb from what I remember. Also, it may have been a reflection but there seemed to be paint on the fender/cowl rubber trim up near the drivers A-pillar as well. The restoration is impeccable. Also, being a -4, it shouldnt have the Porsche crest on the hood either but thats just me being knitpicky, LOL.

Drive it! Enjoy it! I'm very happy people like you exist to appreciate these cars enough to be willing to pay real money for them. The 914 has long been the bastard child without real sufficient reason to support it being shunned and ridiculed. These cars are quickly becoming more appreciated and honestly, with how the 911 market has been in the last 10 years, I'm surprised the 914's are just now starting to rocket. I love my 914 and I'm glad you're now a part of the 914 community (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Itsfred
post Mar 18 2019, 02:39 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 22,960
Region Association: North East States

So it's now my time to look really foolish. The front hood just required a heroic tug, somewhat lessened with a good lube. The turn signals actually do work - it's the dash flasher that's intermittent. And the headlights - they open up much more readily when you pull on the correct knob, rather than the foglight control. So, you can say it's been a productive day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Mar 18 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #25

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 07:31 AM) *

Fred

Beautiful Car! Enjoy every minute of it and most of all..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Mar 18 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #26

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

Beautiful car. I am surprised they sprayed over the undercoating inside the wheel wells rather than remove the undercoating.
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Mar 18 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #27

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Reading your posts, seems you're already one of us!
+Quote Post
cwpeden
post Mar 18 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #28

Great White North, huh?

Member No.: 6,693
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 01:39 PM) *

So it's now my time to look really foolish. The front hood just required a heroic tug, somewhat lessened with a good lube. The turn signals actually do work - it's the dash flasher that's intermittent. And the headlights - they open up much more readily when you pull on the correct knob, rather than the foglight control. So, you can say it's been a productive day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Wait until you see a novice try to find first gear or reverse... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
worn
post Mar 18 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #29

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(cwpeden @ Mar 18 2019, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 01:39 PM) *

Wait until you see a novice try to find first gear or reverse... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Or me, who has had one for ten years.
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post Mar 18 2019, 07:45 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Fred

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) You are in the perfect place. Welcome to the World! Nice car!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 18 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #31

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Itsfred @ Mar 18 2019, 04:39 PM) *

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:21 AM