Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 180 lbs Progressive Springs... Heads Up or Down, Sorry, Stupid Question Time Again
dbledsoe
post Jun 22 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Mutineer

Group: Members
Member No.: 687

I'm installing Bilstein shocks (rear) on my 914 Buick V6 conversion. I bought 180 lbs progressive springs from PP (which were actually shipped from GPR). My question is, does it make a difference how the progressively wound coils of the spring are positioned i.e., close spaced coils should be at the top, or should they be at the bottom?

I apologize for what is probably a very basic question, but doing a search turned up nothing (that I could find to address the question) and I don't have any experience with progressively wound springs.

More photos tomorrow on my slowly advancing Buick V6 into P914 project (this is/was my first 914 [I have two of them now] and my first engine conversion... other than putting a Volvo B1800 engine in a Sunbeam Alpine 28 years ago... and yes I still have it but that was a lot simpler... or maybe I was less hesitant).

Thanks for your help!

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:55 PM