Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interest in Bulk parts and cars purchase?, This would need to happen fast
BPic
post Mar 20 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,864
Region Association: South East States

2 - Cars 1 is a 1970-4cyl and seems to be a one owner car based on what the lady said. The other is unknown. Her Dad bought the 70 when he got home from Vietnam and had it since. He passed recently and the city is making her get rid of the cars or they will tow them and dispose of them this coming Tuesday. She said she also has several engines and a garage full of parts.
I'm going to see them tomorrow really just to help out as I don't have the room or the time. The cars are located in Miami. If there is any interest someone would need to be local and have the ability to move them fast. I'll gather VINs and info on titles etc. tomorrow and will post pic in the afternoon.

I'm also going to see about getting an extension if she covers them and has an agreement from a purchaser.

Wish she didn't wait this long.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 20 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 20 2019, 04:17 PM) *

2 - Cars 1 is a 1970-4cyl and seems to be a one owner car based on what the lady said. The other is unknown. Her Dad bought the 70 when he got home from Vietnam and had it since. He passed recently and the city is making her get rid of the cars or they will tow them and dispose of them this coming Tuesday. She said she also has several engines and a garage full of parts.
I'm going to see them tomorrow really just to help out as I don't have the room or the time. The cars are located in Miami. If there is any interest someone would need to be local and have the ability to move them fast. I'll gather VINs and info on titles etc. tomorrow and will post pic in the afternoon.

I'm also going to see about getting an extension if she covers them and has an agreement from a purchaser.

Probably also list this in Cars & Rollers.

Also verify with the City that she can't have you/2-guys push them into a back or side yard, or just cover them if they're ugly, & exactly why they're legally able to tow them. It may be a misinterpretation of their City Codes by the enforcement officer.

We have all sorts of dumb stuff here in SoCal with City officials stepping beyond the actual code language says (the PRK "Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia" is among the strictest) - so ask for a copy of the section of which they're citing for the remove or tow offense.

Form my 50+ years in dealing with city/county codes around the USA - it's highly unusual that they can tow a vehicle off of private property when parked, & car covers may appease them & the neighbors. However, that could be in a subdivision's CCRs that they're going by.

I've seen plenty of cars parked in Miami front driveways when I've been there over the years, & many look like they've not moved in eons, so this sounds like over reaching by the City to me IMHO!

FYI - the lady herself may need to do much of this herself, or be with you, in order to get the documentation & clarifications above.

Kudos to you for helping her out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Mar 20 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,981

Sent you a PM.
+Quote Post
BPic
post Mar 20 2019, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,864

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 20 2019, 07:44 PM) *

QUOTE(BPic @ Mar 20 2019, 04:17 PM) *

Probably also list this in Cars & Rollers.

Also verify with the City that she can't have you/2-guys push them into a back or side yard, or just cover them if they're ugly, & exactly why they're legally able to tow them. It may be a misinterpretation of their City Codes by the enforcement officer.

We have all sorts of dumb stuff here in SoCal with City officials stepping beyond the actual code language says (the PRK "Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia" is among the strictest) - so ask for a copy of the section of which they're citing for the remove or tow offense.

Form my 50+ years in dealing with city/county codes around the USA - it's highly unusual that they can tow a vehicle off of private property when parked, & car covers may appease them & the neighbors. However, that could be in a subdivision's CCRs that they're going by.

I've seen plenty of cars parked in Miami front driveways when I've been there over the years, & many look like they've not moved in eons, so this sounds like over reaching by the City to me IMHO!

FYI - the lady herself may need to do much of this herself, or be with you, in order to get the documentation & clarifications above.

Kudos to you for helping her out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Great idea. DONE. Ya know, with her dad being a Vietnam Vet and recently passing plus the fact that all of it could end up in a scrap yard, bothers me. I think she needs a fair shake at getting a good price and moving it all quickly. I have 2 guys on here that said they can do it and they are in the area so hopefully this will happen.

Funny thing is about 6 months ago I saw the cars from the road because the fence was knocked down. I got the address and looked up who owned the house and googled her name and got a cell number. When I called she didn't answer so I sent her a text. She thought I was a stalker and said they weren't for sale. (Yes she actually called me a stalker) Told her to keep my number if she changed her mind. She called today. And I only stalk Porsches!
+Quote Post
type2man
post Mar 20 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,127

PM'ed you my number. Call me tomorrow. I can help out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:24 AM