Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Optimizing Engine Operation, How good can it get?
ctc911ctc
post Apr 2 2019, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

Overview

'74 2.0L, 20K miles, stored since '84, first run Oct 2018. 100% stock D-Jet engine with new hoses, fuel system, etc. Spec compression on all 4. Dwell set, timing set.

Engine runs good, strong - chasing idle problems (see my post 'idle weirdness').

My question is; how good can I get this engine to idle? Can this engine run smooth at 800-900 RPM with very little engine vibration? Can the engine run rock steady at 800 rpm without minor surges? Currently this engine is shaking at idle, not violently but you can feel it in the cab.

Does anyone have a high quality audio example of this engine running when new? Or to absolute factory spec? (yea, I know many of you believe that this is not a good method of reference, but hearing what one SHOULD sound like is helpful).

I look forward to coming into this group of like minded 914-crazy (me being the most crazy) group of awesome people each day.

Many thanks in advance

CTC911CTC
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:09 AM