Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Teener Turnout, Posting photos of the fun
PanelBilly
post Aug 26 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #61

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Warning issue is figured out. It has to do with a SSL certificate that was registered for http, but not https. They are fixing it now, but if you're concerned about the warning type in

http://msreg.com/914Turnout and it should work fine. If not, please let me know
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914werke
post Aug 26 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #62

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 26 2019, 01:52 PM) *
Here's another tease for Oktoberfest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post Aug 29 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #63

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
plymouth37
post Aug 29 2019, 12:54 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 4,138

Happy to say that the Anklebiter and I will be there for brunch on the 15th as long as the weather cooperates!
+Quote Post
warpig
post Sep 1 2019, 11:59 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 12,002

Hotel booked. Leaving Fri AM. Thanks to Cary @ Middle Motors, my car is running super cool so, thinking of taking the scenic route from PDX. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Westport ferry across the Columbia, up hwy's, 4, 101, 107, 112 and 8, then maybe up the 3 and take the ferry across to Seattle.
If anybody in PDX wants to tag along let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 1 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #66

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

To take a boat to Seattle it's Bainbridge, Bremerton or Southworth. Friday? Check with WA Ferry if a reservation might be required. The days of driving up and just getting on a boat are over during certain runs. Do not take the boat to Edmonds. You'll get to the hotel in about 2 hours during commute. You don't want to be getting off any boat before 7pm.
+Quote Post
warpig
post Sep 2 2019, 12:11 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 1 2019, 05:43 PM) *

To take a boat to Seattle it's Bainbridge, Bremerton or Southworth. Friday? Check with WA Ferry if a reservation might be required. The days of driving up and just getting on a boat are over during certain runs. Do not take the boat to Edmonds. You'll get to the hotel in about 2 hours during commute. You don't want to be getting off any boat before 7pm.

Thanks for the heads up. Thinking Southworth/Faunterloy just because it sounds sooo gay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) But going to get there early, around 2, (I hope). I know the traffic up there can be as bad as LA.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 2 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #68

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

There was a piece about the ferrys last night on the news RE wait times. 2 weekends ago the wait was up to 3 hours on some sailings. Not a holiday weekend either. If you can get off the boat by 2 traffic shouldn't be too bad. The loop you have planned will take some time.
+Quote Post
warpig
post Sep 2 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #69

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2019, 06:55 AM) *

There was a piece about the ferrys last night on the news RE wait times. 2 weekends ago the wait was up to 3 hours on some sailings. Not a holiday weekend either. If you can get off the boat by 2 traffic shouldn't be too bad. The loop you have planned will take some time.

Ya, thinking 5 - 6 hours to get to the ferry. Did it a couple years ago in the wife's Focus. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
It was a nice drive, traffic when we got into the civilized areas was mostly headed the other way. Fourth of July weekend too, can't remember what day of the week though. Stayed the night in Bremmerton and caught an early ferry the next am. Hope this trip goes that easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Sep 3 2019, 07:53 AM
Post #70

914 Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Sep 3 2019, 08:10 AM
Post #71

From the cockpit

Member No.: 1,845

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 26 2019, 01:10 PM) *

Warning issue is figured out. It has to do with a SSL certificate that was registered for http, but not https. They are fixing it now, but if you're concerned about the warning type in

http://msreg.com/914Turnout and it should work fine. If not, please let me know

Well Billy, I registered for the motorsports site but there was nothing to confirm I registered for the event or where to pay??? Really non intuitive.
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Sep 3 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #72

Member No.: 9,090

I registered and confirmed 2 weeks ago, not sure my plan on arrival. If I leave here Sat AM I should meet up w Rocky in GH by 9 ish then head to the tech session.
Refresh us on the time lines, schedule, and locations

Thanks Billy
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Sep 3 2019, 02:20 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2019, 09:49 AM) *

Tony, the hotel in Kent is 35 miles or so from Tacoma. Don't take a boat. Drive over the Narrows. If you decide to stay in Tacoma the 'La Quinta Inn' is pretty nice. Left on Portland AVE off of I-5. Close to the Porsche dealership in a round about way. The 'sweet spot' timewise is being thru Tacoma before 3. Traffic congestion goes south rapidly. If you're trailering the 914 the boat will be really expensive and you might need a reservation to get on the one you want. Both ways. Hassle.

Hi Kevin, I’ll be driving around, maybe stopping to meet up w Rocky and caravanning together. I’ll check the location of the event and book closer. Possibly BW Fed Way or ??
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Sep 3 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #74

Just booked a room at the new Holiday Inn in Auburn, I have points at IHG and Hilton so the HI cost me $30 and 20000 points, the Hampton Inn in Kent seemed closer but way more $$$
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 4 2019, 08:32 AM
Post #75

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Ok, I signed up.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Sep 4 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #76

914 Guru

Talked with Greenie tonight. I really debated on sharing the news that he's planning to attend. I hope this doesn't start the the rush to cancel registration!

Saturday the day begins at 9:00 with the tech session. I'll be there at 8 to get the final issues sorted out. James and I have been talking about hosting a Friday evening gig for the out of towners, if there's enough interest
+Quote Post
greenie
post Sep 4 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 3,013

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 4 2019, 06:03 PM) *

Talked with Greenie tonight. I really debated on sharing the news that he's planning to attend. I hope this doesn't start the the rush to cancel registration!

Saturday the day begins at 9:00 with the tech session. I'll be there at 8 to get the final issues sorted out. James and I have been talking about hosting a Friday evening gig for the out of towners, if there's enough interest

Thanks for the warm welcome Billy... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I've got a week to solve this fuel problem but I plan on seeing my real friends soon.

Great job organizing this event!
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Sep 4 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #78

QUOTE(greenie @ Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM) *

I've got a week to solve this fuel problem but I plan on seeing my real friends soon.

Can’t wait to see you Greenie, you and Rocky can figure some type of competition to out do each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Fuel problem ?
Start replacing the fuel filter, then fuel pump, regulator, fuel lines, then find out you’re just low on fuel. It’s a sending unit problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Sep 5 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #79

914 Guru

Another update

On Sunday morning before the brunch 9-11am, Mark Greene will be interviewing people about their cars and I'll have a
professional cameraman there to record it. Mark does this for a living, so I know he'll look good on camera. Will you?

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Sep 5 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #80

From the cockpit

Member No.: 1,845

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 4 2019, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM) *

Can’t wait to see you Greenie, you and Rocky can figure some type of competition to out do each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Fuel problem ?
Start replacing the fuel filter, then fuel pump, regulator, fuel lines, then find out you’re just low on fuel. It’s a sending unit problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

He’s sandbagging! He just can’t bare to have another “year of the Rocky” repeat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:50 PM