Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bilstein HD rear lower spring perch height help, Recommendations for lower spring perch setting on bilsteins
Krohn
post Apr 13 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,091
Region Association: Southern California

I'm finally at the fix the severely sagging rear springs project for my car, and am wondering if there's any guidance on where to set the lower spring perch for the new rear Bilstein shocks?

I'm keeping the car as sock as possible, think of me as a James May if you must, so I have a new set of stock ride height springs (85 lb) and the new replacement struts. Comparing the old and the new side by side, it almost seems that I need to move t he circlip all the way to the top on the new shocks... but that seems almost crazy! Since I'm aware that the new springs, at 85 lbs, are heavier than the originals (maybe 70?), would it be better to move the perch down one relative to the old shocks?

Old springs/shock on the left, new on the right
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/1.bp.blogspot.com-18091-1555182313.1.jpg)

Any advice or recommendations out there?

The stock rear sway bars stay (front and rear), which was also a driving motivation for keeping a lighter weight spring in the back.

Maybe it's time for a project thread... but progress is piecemeal and slow, so it might drag on, and on, and on...

Thanks!
Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 12:43 PM