Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Calling all A/C Experts, Anyone experienced this?
jdamiano
post Apr 14 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,981
Region Association: South East States

So I swapped my York for a Sanden and hooked the old lines up and charged it with R-134 about a month ago. I purchased the car with non-functionality AC. Didn’t touch anything else in the system. Went for a couple hundred mile cruise down A1A along the beach today with the wife. 80+ temp all day. The A/C on max all day and all it did was cut the edge off the heat. Then about 30 minutes before I was home we drove through a driving rain. It lasted about 5 minutes. A/C started blowing ice cold!!! I talking ear stinging cold. We had to turn it down. Stayed blowing ice cold all the way home. Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914_teener
post Apr 15 2019, 10:51 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/art...nts-and-the-law

From the Haggerty's site.

I've done this one.

Evac everything and flush it completely. Change the orifice tube for R13. Get a new drier to make sure there is NO moisture or dirt in the system. I went through a can of flush agent and blew it through everything with really dry air.

Get or rent a gauge set if you don't have one already. Hook up the set and pull vacuum enough to boil of ANY residual moisture and to check for leaks.

Charge the systems and check your gauge set for the recommend temp split to amount of refrigerant at the correct pressure.

Should be good to go after that, but check it on a good hot day. You didn't state how the evap coil or condensing coil is set up but that could also be an issue as well.

If you didn't completely flush the system you will stunt the lifespan of your compressor.

Good luck.

Edit.....I feel old sometimes....I should have said orifice tube not expansion valve. If you clean and flush your system well the exp valve sb ok.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:30 AM