Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PCA-OCR 2019 White Glove Concours, Sea Terrace Park, Dana Point - June 15, 2019
SRS914
post Apr 20 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,379
Region Association: Southern California

Last count we had about 20-25 Teeners attending the Sea Terrace Park Concours event June 15. Is there anyone that might be interested in entering a judged class? I need to give Norm and update so they can plan accordingly.

Thank you!

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
jim_hoyland
post Apr 20 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Great event in past years, We should attract 50 + 914s,
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Apr 20 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Yup, I'll be there!!!!

I'm glad Dana Point came their senses and allowed the concours back.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 7 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) .... For this event.

This is coming up in a little over a month.

Registration opens on May 19th.

And Heads-up for the non-Porsche engine 914ers!

A word of caution for those with non-Porsche engines in your 914s - current Zone 8 Concours Rules allows them in SC! - Special Categories 1 for judged competition.

If you ever wanted to enter for judging & collect some "hardware" for your Subie, V8, EV or other non-Porsche powered 914 - then you better do so this year!

If you want to do so for Zone 8 Annual awards (i.e.: best in classes & divisions from all shows) .... then you'd better plan to start now & do every show for the rest of the year!

Contact me by email if you want more info on the Zone requirements.

As of now & for the past 10+ years, the Zone * Concours Rules have allowed non-Porsche engine Porsche vehicles in SC1 - but that might change!

There is an element of PCA Zone 8 members involved in Concours who have objected to this longstanding rule, once I made the powers-that-be aware that they were allowed, & that 914ers with Subie, V8, EV & other powerplants had been wrongfully turned away in past years' shows.

I think that it makes sens for all Porsche models, especially since replacement OE Porsche engines can't be sourced &/or made to run properly due to the lack of parts, as well as the fledgling move to refit to EV, which will only grow with time. Our current Zone 8 Concours Chair agrees, but he serves his term at the pleasure of the Zone 8 Rep to PCA who appoints all chairs for all events.

Since we have an annual Rules Change Submittal process, some of these folks have said that they'll put in to change that rule.

So for any of you who are PCA members in any of Zone 8's regions (Central & SoCal, Southern NV & all of AZ) -

1. - You should look for the proposed rule changes coming out in the Summer, & submit comments against it to the appropriate Zone 8 channel (don't email me, because I don't count & cannot submit for you).

- and -

2. - Get your beautiful 914 conversion cleaned up, detailed & entered in at least this &/or any of the other remaining Zone 8 Concours this year.

If it were to get changed to disallow your non-Porsche engine 914s & other P-cars in SC1, then this would be the last year, but lets hope that this effort can be rebuffed.

In any case - all of you 914ers please do come out to our OC Concours to enter, display, look, visit & chat! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Shawn got this effort to honor the 914 at our OCR Concours this year for the 914's 50th, & he is doing a yeoman job! So come out & support this 914world member's efforts!

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 7 2019, 02:42 PM
Post #5

TMI....

Also - Zone 8 Concours Chair Dick Douglas had offered to do an Outreach & Workshop for the 914ers on our Zone 8 Concours program here in OC (Dick's in Huntington Beach).

Is there any interest in this from those of you on the Forum here? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

You can attend, and not enter judging - it's not a commitment. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Dick wanted to encourage more 914er Concours participation, while dispelling some misconceptions, & explain some changes that he's instituting this year - as well as what get judged how, & how to prep for that to do well.

Post in here if you're interested in his Concours Workshop! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

If there is interest, then I'll see what can be done to get it set up before the June OC Concours.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
914_teener
post May 7 2019, 06:23 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Tom....I noticed on "Plumbers Nightmare" non OEM ductape was used. Would this be a points deduction for the Subie Implant Class?

And... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 8 2019, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Signed up for display. “Sea” ya there !
+Quote Post
Coondog
post May 8 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

This could happen. Do we have to register for the corral area ??
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 8 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Surf Guru

QUOTE(Coondog @ May 8 2019, 03:21 PM) *

This could happen. Do we have to register for the corral area ??

I believe so. Maybe @Tom_T will chime in .
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 8 2019, 05:20 PM
Post #10

TMI....

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 7 2019, 05:23 PM) *

Tom....I noticed on "Plumbers Nightmare" non OEM ductape was used. Would this be a points deduction for the Subie Implant Class?

Good question! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Was that used on the "Plumber's Crack"?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I personally would only gig 0.1 - 0.4 points at the appropriate engine area - depending upon how bad it was - if the OEM or non-OEM tape of any type were applied in a sloppy manner &/or or if it were now peeling off or otherwise damaged! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So - are you 914ers afraid, reluctant, nervous, or what - about actually entering in a judged class?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Let me know what your concerns are, & I'll see what can be done to allay them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

IIRC they will be requiring registration for Display, but they may allow on-site Display reg too.

Shawn - can you check on that with Norm Follis?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Carl La Fong
post May 8 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #11

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 23,000
Region Association: None

I understand duct tape is not a problem. It's the galvanized pipe fittings that can lose points for ya.
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 31 2019, 01:24 PM
Post #12

Surf Guru

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) who’s going? I’m in display only .
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 3 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #13

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

<snipped>
- from PCA Zone 8 members email blast -

The 49th Annual White Glove Concours will be held Saturday, June 15th, at Sea Terrace Park in Dana Point. This will be our first Concours at the new location. We are grateful to the City of Dana Point for giving permission for the Orange Coast Region to use this beautiful Park located near the ocean for our 2019 event. Directions to the Park http://www.pcaocr.com/?page=1&e=6477

There will be a Marine Corps Color Guard to kick off the opening ceremonies along with the National Anthem. This is truly one of the most enjoyable “family” days of the year for the OCR, so please plan on attending and joining us for a wonderful day of Porsches and sun! Only registered Porsches** are allowed on the field and off street parking is very limited so please bring as many of your friends with you in your car as possible. There is limited pay parking across PCH. Walkins are free.

This will be the 50th year Celebration for the Porsche 914 and we plan to have a special “corral” set up to showcase the many years and models of this unique Porsche alongside many other specialty Porsches.

Our Club sponsor Circle Porsche will have on display their newest models. Porsche merchandise vendors are joining us to display a variety of Porsche items, and our own Goodie Store will be stocked with goodies for your shopping pleasure. The Park will be a great place to bring your family and friends and enjoy a picnic, also, there will be a Picnic Display competition with prizes given for the most original picnic display. Delicious tacos in three flavors will be available for purchase.

You are not required to have your car judged to attend the event, however, we encourage everyone to enter their car in one of the “judged classes” or "Display" (Park & Party) which is a non-judged class to maximize their enjoyment of the day. The different divisions for you to consider can be researched at www.zone8.org. Go to “events” and then to “Concours de Elegance”. There you will find everything you need to know about concours car preparation, competition, and judging. The rules and categories for competition are explained.

Volunteers are always needed to help prep the field Friday before the Concours and on Saturday AM helping field set-up, parking, etc. Please email me at uberPcar@gmail.com if you are able to volunteer.

For more information, please check the OCR website www.pcaocr.org or any of our social media sites.While they last, Goodie Bags will be given to those that pre-register. Online registration available at pcaocr.motorsportreg.com. Registration ends 6/12/19.

Thanks,

Norm Follis, Concours Chair

PS: We want to thank our many Concours sponsors including our “Porsche Excellence” sponsor PIRCH, as well as Glistening Perfection, Porsche-Design, Lily Gum Drops, Hagerty Insurance, Sierra Madre Collection, LoJack, Aero Products, Cooper's Classy Cars and Cape Auto Repair for their support.

** You can pay and enter into Display Class at the event, but only preregistered entrants get a Goodie Bag.
<end snip>

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Fatboy007
post Jun 3 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 21,124

QUOTE(sb914 @ May 31 2019, 02:24 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) who’s going? I’m in display only .

Just signed up... display. Looking forward to it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Jun 3 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 20,199

I plan on going. This is pretty much in my backyard straight down crown valley pkwy. Should be getting into good weather final. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ........Paul
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 5 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #16

TMI....

So far there are only four 914s registered for Display, & only 1 entered for judging - not a very good showing compared to past years when many more showed up for the non-50th Anniversary event.

So time to step up & sign up for either judged or display there to represent our 914 community for the 914's 50th celebration at the June 15th OC Concours!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Please also talk it up a bit more with your fellow Teeners to show up too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
And do so this weekend at WCR too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

As added encouragement, those who preregister for Display will get a Goodie Bag the same as the Judged Entries, but those who register that day won't.

There are no on-site entries for the judged entries - only preregistration due to the size of the show, since we need to plan in advance for the show space, layout & judges accordingly.

Let's show the rest of the SoCal Porsche Community that the 914 is still present & accounted for here!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/andy914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuchia914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grasshopper914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg)

Come on guys & gals - get motivated!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jun 5 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #17

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

I may enter the street division (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
SRS914
post Jun 5 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 22,379

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 5 2019, 03:26 PM) *

I may enter the street division (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jun 5 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I’ll be there for display only.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jun 11 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #20

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:36 AM