Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My very own barn find
eamesonly
post May 10 2019, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,667
Region Association: None

I had a 914 engine complete rebuild from a very top German car place new 96mm pistons, 44mm weber carbs, etc. And once completed I asked them if they changed the gas lines. They said we checked them and they were good. They told me put a 1000 miles on it and bring it back. I got to 900 and was driving. The engine hesitated and as I went up the hilll I could see flames in the rear window. Right behind my head. This was about six years ago. Turns out the gas line in the engine bay were bad.

In the time since life has happened and things never really took hold. Now they're going to get it back and going.

I need a few things one new engine deck lid. New locking mechanism for the ignition? What do you recommend?

Also will keep the group updated on the progress. I think I paid about 3k for the car and had about 6k into it.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
bandjoey
post May 10 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #2

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Chris Foley New Fuel Lines... Will be a fun project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 11 2019, 01:47 PM
Post #3

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 10 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Chris Foley New Fuel Lines... Will be a fun project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

And if you want to make a road trip to the Fort Worth area, I have a number of spare engine lids. Come for a visit, pick out an engine lid and drive home.

Clay
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 12 2019, 05:31 AM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 11 2019, 02:47 PM) *

And if you want to make a road trip to the Fort Worth area, I have a number of spare engine lids. Come for a visit, pick out an engine lid and drive home.

Clay

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) go see Clay and Betty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 12 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #5

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 12 2019, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 11 2019, 02:47 PM) *

Clay

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) go see Clay and Betty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

If you come up here early next Saturday, you can attend the "Motoring Mavs at Mayo's" event. You get to tour Mayo Performance in Euless and visit with Ed Mayo, the PCA Tech expert on 914 and early 911. He has more stuff about 914s locked in his head than I ever will.

Great event, Lots of Porsche cars to look at, and lots of people to talk cars with. And free donuts!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:42 AM