Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No 914 content but plenty of Porsche, Rod Emory’s latest
billh1963
post May 24 2019, 04:17 AM
Post #21

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

His (or sponsor) money and his car. Do want you want.

Absolutely no appeal to me. But, that doesn't matter because I'm not his target audience anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post May 24 2019, 08:29 AM
Post #22

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 23 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Dean Polopolus the developer (aka the Polo ) of the engine not only gets no mention, but there is a copy of his engine being mfg. The copy-engine is very hard to discern from the Polo. So...not knowing more about that bit of reverse engineering; the valve covers (seen in early pictures of the build) on this 356 are stamped EMORY.

Yes, I've noticed more and more that some aren't referred to as Polos anymore, bummer someone is making copies...but that's the way it goes.

I wonder if the Emory one is based on that guy that was going to start casting his own 3.6 (964/993 style) cases (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I had the pleasure of seeing an early Polo under a 356 track car being converted back to street duty, on a lift at my friend's shop (also my 356 guy and 2.7 engine builder) and it was super cool!
The details in the early Polos were very much like the old 356 guys I hang out with...just make it work well and drive the piss out of it. cut valve covers etc.
The same guys that show up to our bi-monthly brunches at various strip malls in speedsters, convertible Ds, a Carerra 2, and their other non 356 stuff.

Every time I go to his shop there is a treat to see. Glad I got to see an early Polo from underneath!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 02:16 AM